|Version 5 (modified by 7 months ago) ( diff ),|
OSGeoLive 15.0 Released
- October 2022
The OSGeoLive team are proud to announce the release of version 15.0 of the OSGeoLive GIS software collection.
Highlights for this release include:
- Based on Lubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish
- New application ETF
- Version updates to most of the included packages.
- The Virtual Machine version now includes applications that could not fit into the iso version. List of VM only applications available here.
- Improved documentation supporting the languages: English | Deutsch | Español | Suomen kieli | Français | Italiano | 日本語 | Hungarian.
OSGeoLive 15.0 is ready to be used at events (https://www.osgeo.org/events/)
Download the OSGeoLive 15.0 image at https://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html
OSGeoLive is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Virtual Machine, USB and DVD. OSGeoLive is pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can be tried without installing anything.
- Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and pre-configured
- Free world maps and sample datasets
- Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
- Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's script
- Translations to multiple languages
Hundreds of people have directly helped with OSGeoLive packaging, documenting and translating, and thousands have been involved in building the packaged software. Thank you to all involved.
- OSGeo - the Open Source Geospatial Foundation provides development & hosting infrastructure for OSGeoLive and many of the included applications.
- Information Center for the Environment (ICE) at the University of California, Davis provides hardware resources and development support.
- Remote Sensing Laboratory at the National Technical University of Athens, provides hardware resources and development support.
- The Debian GIS and UbuntuGIS teams provide and quality-assure many of the core packages.
- Okeanos is kindly providing Virtual Machines for building the OSGeoLive iso images.
This announcement has been published at:
If you would like to add a new project, help us to get in the cloud or have another goal you would like to work on and get involved you are very welcome.
OSGeoLive (http://live.osgeo.org) is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB.
You can use OSGeoLive to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.
 Schedule https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kO6zzmLFfprZGgp5x7Sjwi-EVN6NTGDR4KXvFVtNpR0/edit?ouid=117562597770546956812&usp=sheets_home&ths=true
 Packages https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5BaEgQtgw4O1bXyeWMlM8XtAOhUgcjZ7Y2O0FZc2H0/edit#gid=690914723
 IRC see Communication https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki