|Version 5 (modified by 4 years ago) ( diff ),|
OSGeo-Live 12.0 Released
- September 2018
Version 12.0 of the OSGeoLive GIS software collection has been released, and was distributed at the International Conference for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Download the OSGeoLive 12.0 image at https://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html
Highlights for this release include:
- Updated to Lubuntu 18.04 Long Term Support (LTS) release.
- Adopted Transifex Translation tool, and made our documentation generation process more efficient
- Version updates to many of the included packages
OSGeoLive is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Virtual Machine, USB and DVD. OSGeoLive is pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can be trialled without installing anything.
- Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and pre-configured
- Free world maps and sample datasets
- Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
- Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker's script
- Translations to multiple languages
Hundreds of people have directly helped with OSGeoLive packaging, documenting and translating, and thousands have been involved in building the packaged software. Thank you to all involved.
- OSGeo - the Open Source Geospatial Foundation provides development & hosting infrastructure for OSGeoLive and many of the included applications.
- Information Center for the Environment (ICE) at the University of California, Davis provides hardware resources and development support.
- Remote Sensing Laboratory at the National Technical University of Athens, provides hardware resources and development support.
- The Debian GIS and UbuntuGIS teams provide and quality-assure many of the core packages.
- Okeanos is kindly providing Virtual Machines for building the OSGeoLive iso images.