|Version 1 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),
Call for interest in OSGeo-Live 5.5
2 November 2011
We are starting to build the 5.5 OSGeo-Live DVD which will be released in March 2012, ready for the Spanish FOSS4G, FOSSGIS Germany, GISRUK in England and the MapWindow/FOSS4G Regional Netherlands Conference, among others. We would like to hear from anyone wishing to add new projects to OSGeo-Live, anyone wishing to extend or add extra translations, or anyone who has ideas on how we should shape the upcoming release.
==Which project version?== Could each installed project please update our status sheet to note the expected version to be installed on OSGeo-Live 5.5. Status sheet.
Key Priorities for next release
- Disk Space
- We have reached our DVD size limits, and need to be creative about saving space
- Package Updates
- Update and test latest stable software releases
- Quickstart Reviews
- We have Project Quickstarts, but most haven't gone through comprehensive review
- With Quality being a key focus area for us, we need lots of help with testing.
- 07 Jan 2012 Feature Freeze
- 04 Feb 2012 User Acceptance Test (all Apps installed and working)
- 25 Feb 2012 Final ISO sent to printers
OSGeo-live is an XUbuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.