|Version 6 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
MapGuide RFC 121 - Upgrade Apache, Tomcat and PHP to latest version
This page contains a change request (RFC) for the MapGuide Open Source project. More MapGuide RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Submission Date||29 August 2011|
|Last Modified||29 August 2011|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||Bruce Dechant|
|Voting History||(vote date)|
This RFC proposes to upgrade Apache, Tomcat and PHP to the latest versions. Until now the latest version for above components are:
- Apache: 2.2.19
- Tomcat: 6.0.33
- PHP: 5.3.8
Many security issues and functional defects have been fixed for these components in the latest versions. And it's a good thing if we could upgrade the components in time to avoid risks of upgrading between major releases which might introduce too many changes.
- Change log for Apache could be found here: http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.2
- Change log for Tomcat could be found here: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/changelog.html
- Change log for PHP could be found here: http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.3.8
- Upgrade Apache to 2.2.19
- Upgrade Tomcat to 6.0.33
- Upgrade PHP to 5.3.8
- x64 Apache binaries will be from: http://www.blackdot.be
- x64 PHP binaries will be built from the source code of 5.3.8 branch: https://svn.php.net/repository/php/php-src/branches/PHP_5_3_8
Build and run on Windows and Linux
Funding / Resources
Note: See TracWiki for help on using the wiki.