|Version 76 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),|
GeoTIFF represents an effort by over 160 different remote sensing, GIS, cartographic, and surveying related companies and organizations to establish a TIFF based interchange format for georeferenced raster imagery.
Information and Support
- GeoTIFF Revision 1.0 Specification: This is the official release version of the GeoTIFF spec.
- http://geotiff.osgeo.org/ : Primary GeoTIFF web site (this page).
- GeoTIFF-JAI and Extensible-TIFF-JAI: Niles Ritters projects for a Java GeoTIFF API.
- ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/ : Current archive of GeoTIFF spec, EPSG/POSC tables, and libgeotiff source code. Mirrored at http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/dl
- ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/samples : Sample GeoTIFF files.
- GeoTIFF FAQ written by Mike Ruth.
- Unofficial Catalog of Projections and their parameters.
- VerticalCS - guidance on vertical coordinate systems.
- TOWGS84GeoKey - TOWGS84 datum shift geokey proposal
- RefiningGeoTIFF - notes on suggested refinements to the GeoTIFF specification
Libgeotiff is an open source library normally hosted on top of libtiff for reading, and writing GeoTIFF information tags. The libgeotiff library is a sub-project of the MetaCRS project. Please contact warmerdam@… for more information, or to get involved.
- Libgeotiff API: Partial documentation.
- makegeo.c: Minimal example of creating a geotiff file.
- libgeotiff SVN repository is https://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff
- The most recent libgeotiff release is version 1.4.1 and is available from http://download.osgeo.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.4.1.tar.gz or the corresponding zip.
- The released libgeotiff source code and various other items are available in the download.osgeo.org download directories.
- A contributed win32 gui for listgeo is available at ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/listgeo_GUI.zip .
- listgeo - utility program (distributed with libgeotiff) for dumping the metadata of a GeoTIFF file.
- geotifcp - utility program (distributed with libgeotiff) for applying metadata to a TIFF file, making it a GeoTIFF file.
- EPSG CSV Refresh Notes
GeoTIFF Mailing List
A mailing list is currently active to discuss the on-going development of this standard, and the libgeotiff support library. Subscribe and unsubscribe on the web. Mail can be sent to geotiff@…. Online threaded archives are available for viewing on the web.
The GeoTIFF mailing list is also available by NNTP at news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.geotiff.
Comments? e-mail warmerdam@… (Frank Warmerdam)
Tickets can be filed for libgeotiff, the geotiff web pages or problems with the specification.