The GDAL project does not produce regular downloadable binaries (executables) for each release. However, a variety of efforts do produce ready to use binaries.
Nightly builds and images of tagged released are available at https://hub.docker.com/r/osgeo/gdal/tags
Information on the content of the different configurations can be found at https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/docker
Fedora, since release 7, includes GDAL binaries.
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) RPM packages are made available here:
Enterprise Linux GIS (ELGIS)
The ELGIS effort provides RPMs of various GIS applications for Enterprise Linux and derivatives (RHEL, CentOS, Scientific Linux).
GDAL RPMs for OpenSuSE together with many other Geo-Tools are provided at http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/Geo/
William Kyngesburye maintains an extensive set of framework builds for GDAL and other GIS software at:
- GISInternals maintained by Tamas Szekeres contains a complete set of Win32 and Win64 binary packages (compiled with VC2005/VC2008/VC2010/VC2012/VC2013).
These packages are based on the current development and stable branches built from the GDAL SVN daily. The corresponding SDK packages are also available to download from this location. The -devel packages are based on the developement version (2.1dev at time of writing), and the -stable packages are based on the latest stable branch (1.11 at time of writing)
- MS4W (MapServer for Windows) is a popular installer that contains GDAL & its utilities, MapServer, PHP, Python, and the Apache web server. As of MS4W version4 it is a full SDI, with ability to publish WMS, WFS, WCS, SOS, CSW, WPS services. Maintained by Gateway Geomatics.
MS4W includes GDAL python bindings, GDAL Oracle plugin, ECW/MrSID support, as well as other useful commandline utilities for MapServer, Spatialite, MapCache, OpenSSL, Shapelib, PHP, Python, and UnixUtils.
- OSGeo4W is a binary distribution of a broad set of open source geospatial software for Win32 and Win64 environments (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10). OSGeo4W includes GDAL/OGR, GRASS, MapServer, OpenEV, uDig, as well as many other packages (over 150 as of December 2015).
- GDAL binaries from NuGet - package manager for the Microsoft development platform
- GDAL binaries from Conan.io - a C/C++ Package Manager
The FWTools binary releases for Linux and Windows systems include the full set of GDAL libraries, utilities, Python support and documentation along with lots of other stuff (including the OpenEV viewer). The FWTools binaries are not currently updated with the latest GDAL versions, so other methods described above are recommended.
Are you maintaining GDAL binaries for a platform? Please feel free to add pointers to the above!