Ticket #868 (closed bug: fixed)
Helmert transform in Georeferencer plugin creates incorrect world file
Mandriva 2008.0, qgis version 0.8.1, Georeferencer Plugin using the Helmert transform option:
When run on a .jpg image, this creates the following world file called [name_of_raster_file].jpw
1.000000000000000 0 0 -1.000000000000000 363627.895052257168572 5513436.481880596838892
The resultant raster file, thought it has a .jpg extension is actually a tiff file. When loading this raster into qgis, it looks for a world file with a .tfw extension and so the resultant raster is in the wrong extent. I renamed the world file to .tfw and the raster loaded in the right extent. However it's off by 881 meters.
I ran the same image on WinXP, version 0.9.0 and got the following world file called [name_of_raster_file].wld
1.225077210994433 0 0 -1.225077210994433 363599.692818554292899 5513435.925615184940398
Just to see what would happen, I used the WinXP 0.9.0 world file on the Linux 0.8.1 raster and it worked perfectly. So, that means there are are possibly two issues, which have been fixed in (the windows version of) 0.9.0 The world file doesn't get written correctly and it doesn't get loaded in 0.8.1 because qgis is looking for a .tfw, but the world file is called .jpw.