Ticket #1221 (closed bug: fixed)
layer with non-standard CRS doesn't get its CRS set correctly on loading file or project
1. project CRS set to epsg:26915 with on-the-fly projection enabled; a layer in epsg:26915 for reference.
2. A shape file in Washington county coordinates, feet (Minnesota) with a .prj file.
3. a custom CRS defining the Washington county coordinates is defined.
Steps to show the problems:
1. Add Vector Layer - choose the shape file noted above.
2. the dialog to set the layer CRS appears - choose the custom CRS noted above.
3. the layer is added, but is not projected in the proper location.
4. check the Layer Properties, General or Metadata tab - the CRS listed is WGS84 parameters (depends on QGIS settings).
5. on the General tab of Layer Properties change the CRS to the custom CRS noted above.
6. now the layer projects in the proper location.
7. save the project
8. load the project
9. the layer is projected in the wrong location.
10. check the CRS in layer properties - it is wrong.
11. set the custom CRS for the layer.
12. now the layer is projected correctly.
There are three problems here:
First, the .prj file wasn't used like it is in some previous versions of QGIS. 0.9.1 used the .prj file; 0.10.0 doesn't, but at least set the CRS from the dialog.
Second, the CRS set via the dialog presented on layer loading isn't saved.
Third, a project containing a Washington county coordinates layer is loaded incorrectly.
Some details about loading the saved project: after loading, the CRS is not correct - the x_0 and y_0 values are wrong (they are the epsg:26915 coordinates of the lat_0, lon_0 parameters in the Washington county coordinates CRS)
The project file has the correct values.
the custom CRS: +proj=tmerc +lat_0=44.74583333333334 +lon_0=-92.83333333333331 +k=1.000040 +x_0=152406.3759 +y_0=30481.27509999999 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +to_meter=0.3048006096012192 +no_defs
as loaded from the project file: +proj=tmerc +lat_0=44.74583333333334 +lon_0=-92.83333333333331 +k=1.00004 +x_0=500019.9182652503 +y_0=100003.9833905833 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +to_meter=0.3048006096012192 +no_defs
my system: Windows XP, GEOS 3.0.0, GDAL 1.5.2, QGIS r9061
I haven't tested on Linux yet.