|Version 3 (modified by pierre, 4 years ago)|
Sprint 2009 Notes
- RO: Regina Obe
- PR: Paul Ramsey
- MCA: Mark Cave Ayland
- OC: Olivier Courtin
- RO - formalize PSC membership rules and desires, talk w/ RRI about PSC
PostGIS 2.0 Goals
- Backed into LWGEOM
- Alter LWGEOM to add "geographic bit"
- write menu of functions of things we need to do
- spherical indexing (q3c)
- PR - research and give recommendation on indexes
- PR - recommendation on serialization changes
- PR - RFC on implementation
TypeMods to turn GEOMETRY_COLUMNS into a view
- MCA - build prototype and see?
- MCA - RFC on typmod for 2.0
Routing in the Database
- embed graphserver in pgsql
- load edges from pgsql tables
- float graphserver structures into higher memory context
- PR - investigate effort and do RFC
Handling of EMPTY geometries
- Document what LWGEOM conditions constitute "empty"
- POINT => pa == NULL
- LINE => npoints == 0
- POLYGON => nrings == 0
- COLLECTION => ngeoms == 0 (already handled) MCA - fix unparser to respectfully write those out (all types)
What are our goals for re-writing our serialization? And handling thereof.
- Room for more types.
- Account for future changes ? (versioning) (PR - No!)
- Aligned double?
- Prototype vardata type w/ double* and compare speed of direct access w/ copied access for some ops
- PR - do performance prototype
- PR - finalize RFC for new serialized form
ISO Official Formats
- BREAKING CHANGE: SRID=0 is no-value
- "Be liberal in what you accept, conservative in what you emit."
- Only emit proper ISO formats
- WKB, use the ISO/SFSQL2 type codes
- WKT, use the official Z/M modifiers (eg POINT Z (1 2 3), POINT ZM (1 2 3 4))
- What does SFSQL2 say ST_Asbinary should emit? highera dimensionality? (probably)
- OC - Handle GeomFromGML() / GeomFromKML()
- need estimate / RFC
- Will need to link libxml
"Package" infrastructure for PostGIS
- MCA - Bug PgSQL-hackers and establish requirements
Deprecating ST_ handing in Dependent Apps
- PR - Mapserver (change for 5.4?)
- Ask if people mind losing support for PostGIS < 1.2
- PR -- Geoserver (change for ??)
- PR - FME
- PR - CadCorp?
- PR - Formalize our generation of SPATIAL_REF_SYS from EPSG database
- PR - Handle SRTEXT erratta from the mailing list so we don't lose projection fixes anymore
- PR - embed EPSG database version number in #define at the time we build SPATIAL_REF_SYS.sql
- By summer, raster/vector intersections() and out-db raster support
- Integrate with PostGIS 2.0, if PSC determines there is enough functionality to warrant.
- Allow binary-only dependency (more generally a PostGIS plan)
- OC: based on Sandro previous work and SQL MM 2.0
- concrete needs: simplify working with lat/lon geom and topology compliant
- requires: build topology from set of polygons (snap and clean and build)
- OC - SQL/MM PolyhedralSurface? type
- CGAL librairie form intersection stuff ???
- CityGML and Collada export
- 3D GIST index support