Version 11 (modified by strk, 3 years ago)
PostGIS 2.0 Discussion Topics
- Serialization. GSERIALIZED structure. More things could be added: an optional hash code for fast identity checking on large objects; an optional user-data area where things like internal index trees could be serialized.
- Typmod implications.
- Changing the liblwgeom API
- Modifiable pointarrays
- GBOX as default bounding box
- Documented and complete API for pointarray modification
- Modifiable collections
- Documented and complete API for collection modification
- GEOS wrapper accessible from liblwgeom (moving down from postgis.so)
- Strategy for Curves
- Uniform strategy for "implemented but not complete" types?
- Plan for making curves more complete?
- Multi-dimensional indexing, what does the syntax and implementation look like?
- 3D support for Polyhedral Surfaces, CityGML, Collada, X3D
- implement in liblwgeom 3D primitives:
- Point in Polyhedra test (and so others related 9DIM functions)
- Polyhedra minimal distance (to a point also to an another polyhedra)
- I/O functions
- extensions to GML and KML
- X3D (yes please)
- Merging WKT Raster into PostGIS 2.0 codebase
- Switch to always use the GEOS C-API thread-safe interface (available since 3.1.0)
Download in other formats: