|Version 68 (modified by bnordgren, 20 months ago)|
Welcome to the Developers PostGIS Wiki!
Everybody is welcome to contribute to this wiki. This wiki is designed for individuals who want to contribute to PostGIS by developing patches or testing out changes.
There will be some sections that are of equal value to both PostGIS users and Developers such as compiling source etc. Feel free to contribute to this and make any corrections you see fit.
- You must login to create new pages and modify existing ones. You can create your own OSGEO Userid or use your existing one or you can use the generic one (login:wiki;password:wiki).
- Please prefix every new page names in this section with "DevWiki" in order to easily distinguish them from other Wiki Trac pages.
- For a quick overview of how to format page's content see this page.
PostGIS Subversion Work Branches
- PostGIS SVN trunk -- http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk (this is where latest unstable work happens (currently PostGIS 2.0))
- PostGIS SVN current stable branch -- http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/branches/1.5
- PostGIS SVN Raster -- http://svn.osgeo.org/postgis/trunk/raster
Doxygen Autogenerated Developer Documentation
- PostGIS Doxygen Documentation including Raster introduced in PostGIS 2.0
- (WKT Raster obsolete stand-alone branch) Doxygen Documentation
- PostGIS coding Style Guide
- Subversion clients for Windows users Tortoise is probably the easiest to use
- Semantics of EMPTY geometries
- Description of new distance calculation
- How to calculate parameters for affine transformation
- How to calculate "real" parameters from an affine transformation
- Spatial Collection Tutorial
- Topics for discussion on PostGIS 2.0
- LWGEOM updates on PostGIS 2.0?
- Comments/Questions related to ISO19125
- Notes on memory management and code structures in PostGIS
- Code Provenance Review
- Clean Functions From GEOS
Compilation and Installation Guides
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS version support matrix
- Directions for PostGIS RPM Installation.
- Directions for PostGIS on Ubuntu.
- Directions for Compiling in Windows.
- Sami's PostgreSQL 9.0 64-bit PostGIS 1.5.2 64-bit compiled under VC++ with some comments about gotchas to change.
- Initializing PostgreSQL Data Cluster for testing
- Directions for Creating PostGIS setup.exe for Windows using NSIS.
- Make Check Gotchas.
- Directions for getting a backtrace if your query crashes PostGIS.
Patch Submission Guidelines
General model Major.Minor.Micro (1.3.6, 1.4.0,1.5.0SVN)
As of PostGIS 1.4 -- we will no longer be releasing additional functions to micro releases.
Micro releases will be focused primarily on bug fixes and secondly speed enhancements to existing functions.
PostGIS 1.3 and below will be critical bug and security fixes.
This means that only currently documented functions for PostGIS 1.4.0 are all you will see in 1.4.1
New functions submitted will have to go into the next minor release which is currently (PostGIS 2.0).
New functions/features that require on disk structural changes will go into next major release (PostGIS 2.0)
- Preparing PostgreSQL Specific Regress Tests
- Preparing CUnit Tests
- Preparing Documentation Patches for new features
- Preparing code and other patches