|Version 20 (modified by mlucas17, 3 years ago)|
Note, this page is being updated, in the interim please refer to OSSIM Build Instructions V 1.4
ossimPlanet is being initially developed on the OSX platform with the XCode developer tools.
The easiest way to get up and running is to install the latest binary installer. During initial development, a fairly recent version of the software will be available at http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/installers/mac/ Look for and download the dmg file which will should mount after download. Double click the package installer and the libararies and frameworks will be installed in [[standard locations]]:
OSSIM Build Documentation for Mac OS X Dave Lucas - ossimdave@…
If necessary, download and install CMake version 2.8.x http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
1. Open up a terminal, checkout the svn source tree into ossim-svn in your home directory.
cd mkdir ossim-svn cd ossim-svn svn co http://svn.osgeo.org/ossim/trunk src mkdir release
2. Download the OSSIM Dependencies
http://download.osgeo.org/ossim/dependencies/mac/ossim_dependencies.tgz Move the downloaded file into ~/ossim-svn
3. Extract the ossim_dependencies.tgz using tar (double click in finder, or
tar -xvf ossim_dependencies.tar
4. Remove the ossim_dependencies.tgz (optional)
Install the Trolltech Qt Development package, the open source version of qt-mac-cocoa.dmg can be found in the ossim_dependencies folder. Double click and install if necessary.
9. Xcode Build Instructions Open up Xcode
Select File Menu / Open Navigate to /Users/Shared/Development/ossim/xcode/ossim/ Select ossim.xcodeproj Click open
Set Active Build Configuration to Release Click Build
10. Launch Active Executable Select Build Menu / Build Results Set Active Executable to ossimplanet Select Run Menu / Run
Problems with the Build?
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest ossim_dependencies. The folder should be placed at /Users/Shared/Development/ossim_dependencies .
- Get the latest from svn
cd /Users/Shared/Development svn update .
- Set the Configuration in xcode to the Release build
- Do a clean all under build with the ossim project
- open a terminal and rm -rf /var/tmp/ (forces rebuild of all of the qt gui widgets)
- under xcode make sure the project is ossim, the target is All, the configuration is Release, Active executable ossimplanet
Here are some quick notes on building and packaging. After building the All target, select the build_package_dir target and build. This target creates a package directory in the xcode build directory. Applications, tools, frameworks, support files and dependencies are then staged into the package directory.
Next, in the Developer/Applications/Utilities? folder open up PackageMaker? and open the ossim package maker file that is located in the ossim_package_support directory. Note that the ossim_package_support directory is available as a module checkout at www.remotesensing.org:/cvs. It contains geoids and initial reference images for the packaging. Once you have opened the ossim packagemaker file, select build and an installer package will be generated. Optionally, you can use a utility such as DropDMG to create a dmg disk image for distribution. This is a universal installer for ossim applications and frameworks.