|Version 3 (modified by harumi, 3 years ago)|
- Python commandline interpreter, and libraries.
- The interpreter can be invoked as python in the osgeo4w shell.
- The Python interpreter is not associated with the .py extension in the shell, so you can run .py files directly.
- Documentation is not included (beyond builtin doc strings)
- Tcl support is not included.
- NumPy is a distinct add on package due to it's size.
- This package is harvested from the standard Python 2.5.2 .msi installer from python.org.
- New Python extensions should be unpacked in osgeo4w\apps\Python25\Lib\site-packages
- Include files and libraries are included, but in the apps\Python25 tree. The distutils/sysconfig.py settings should be correct.
- Extensions may need to be compiled with VC7.1 to be compatible.
- etc\ini\python.bat set PYTHONHOME to control sys.prefix and finding of libraries, etc. This should supercede any other python on the system when python is run within the OSGeo4W shell.