Version 6 (modified by warmerdam, 3 years ago)
- Raster / Vector format geospatial data access library
- This package tracks the development (trunk) version of GDAL/OGR and is not expected to maintain any sort of ABI stability. In general additional packages should not be built on top of this package since it is very unstable.
- Currently all one package for libraries, commands and docs.
- The gdal-dev package unpacks in osgeo4w\apps\gdal-dev and does not disturb the normal gdal package. To actually use the gdal-dev package, run the "gdaldev.bat" script in the OSGeo4W console window.
- The gdal-dev package also includes the python bindings as part of the package, rather than as a distinct package. The python bindings are located in osgeo4w\apps\gdal-dev\pymod and are included in the pythonpath when gdaldev.bat is run.
- IPP libjpeg compatibility modifications applied ( http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/JpegIPP)
- Note that while running the "gdaldev.bat" script makes it possible to use the gdal-dev utilities (like gdal_translate) and the gdal-dev python bindings, it does not affect the other GDAL using programs like MapServer, or OpenEV which will continue to use the GDAL from the standard GDAL package.
- Maintainer is FrankWarmerdam (built from C:\warmerda\osgeo4w\gdal-dev on BigWinNT VM)
Download in other formats: