side by side
lines around each change
White space changes
06/09/11 13:29:59 (
= !OpenLayers Wiki =
<div style="float: right; background-color: #ccc; border: 1px solid black; margin: 0em 1em 1em 2em; padding: 1em; width: 20em; font-size: .9em;">
<p><b>Want to Edit this Wiki or Open a Ticket?</b></p>
<p>Due to spam problems, trac editing is currently limited to logged in users. Please <a href="https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py">register</a> an account to <a href="http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/login">login</a> to add or edit tickets, add or edit wiki pages, or perform other editing actions.</p>
* Read the [wiki:BusinessCase OpenLayers business case].
* Find out [wiki:HowToDownload how to get the code]
* Find out about available [wiki:Addins addins] with additional features
* Find out [wiki:FilingTickets how to file a bug]
== Get Started ==
Want to make a map? Read our resources for <a href="#Users">OpenLayers Users!</a>
Want to learn about the insides of OpenLayers? Read our resources for <a href="#Developers">OpenLayers Developers!</a>
== Social ==
* Mailing Lists:
* [http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/openlayers-dev OpenLayers Developers List]
* [http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/openlayers-users OpenLayers Users List]
* [http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/openlayers-trac Issue Tracker List]
* IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#openlayers
<form action="http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp" method="GET">Search Mailing Lists (via Nabble): <input type="hidden" name="forum" value="15906" /><input type="hidden" name="local" value="y" /><input type="text" name="query" /><input type="submit" value="Search" /></form>
== Users ==
* Never used !OpenLayers before? Want to start writing some code? Check out the NewToOpenLayers page!
* Check out the '''[wiki:Documentation documentation]'''.
* View the '''[http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/ List of Examples]''' -- showing tons of different ways of using OpenLayers.
* What's changed in the most recent version? Check out the [wiki:Release Release Notes] for versions since 2.0.
* Got a question? It might have been asked before -- FrequentlyAskedQuestions will let you know.
* Still can't solve it? Check out TroubleshootingTips, and the mailing lists (linked above)
* See what others have done: [wiki:UserRecipes User Recipes] or the !OpenLayers [wiki:Gallery Gallery].
== Developers ==
Want to dive into the AJAX behind [http://www.openlayers.org OpenLayers]? Then this wiki is for you!
1. '''[wiki:HowToDownload Download the source tree]''' using SVN.
1. Check out the '''[wiki:Documentation documentation]'''.
1. Working with !OpenLayers is easy, here is a [wiki:UserGuide User Guide].
1. Try the [http://openlayers.org/dev/tests/run-tests.html unit tests on code in SVN head]
1. Learn HowToContribute to !OpenLayers -- either in your own sandbox, or by becoming a project committer.
1. Check up one of the current [wiki:ProjectsUnderDev Projects Under Development] to see what is happening where with whom.
1. Offer code samples in the [wiki:UserRecipes User Recipes] for others to benefit.
Or you can find out some more about the project:
1. Read about our [wiki:Licensing open source licensing].
1. See our existing [/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=milestone&owner=%7E&order=priority tickets by milestone] and join our [http://openlayers.org/mailman/listinfo email lists].
1. Add RelatedProjects.
1. See what's in store for !OpenLayers in the [wiki:Future future]
1. Find out (and perhaps improve upon) our [wiki:BrowserLimitations known limitations] (in terms of browser support).
1. Perhaps you'd like to learn about our [wiki:Infrastructure]?
This is a [http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/ Trac wiki] connected to !OpenLayers code repository, which is running in [http://subversion.tigris.org/ Subversion] (aka SVN) source control software. To edit the trac pages, you might want to learn [wiki:TracGuide trac syntax]. There is also a [wiki:TitleIndex list of pages] in this wiki.