|Version 18 (modified by crschmidt, 6 years ago)|
Steering Committee Members
All members of the SteeringCommittee are listed below. Members are encouraged to add a brief self-description.
- Schuyler Erle (sderle) is a long time Free Software hacker. He's cowritten a couple books on digital cartography. He works for MetaCarta. Schuyler is generally regarded as the loose cannon on deck.
- John Frank (jrf, postshift) is Founder and CTO of MetaCarta. He wanted OpenLayers in early 2005 and started working with Phil Lindsay to make it real. After several ground-up rewrites, the team finally got it right in early 2006.
- Tim Schaub (tschaub) submits patches from the boonies. He has been developing custom MapServer applications for a number of years and is now a full time independent contractor under the guise of Geocartic Consulting (for which he will develop a proper website in the future).
- Cameron Shorter (camerons)
- Paul Spencer (pagameba)
Paul ( DM Solutions Group ) is a long time (at least long in this industry) developer of open source web mapping stuff, originally working with MapServer to build MapLab. Projects since then include Chameleon, ka-Map, ms4w, OpenEV, and more recently on MapGuide.
- Erik Uzureau (euzuro) -- Committee Chair
Erik is a MetaCarta contractor. Hailing from the South Suburbs of Illinois, Erik studied Computer Science in Silicon Valley, then worked three years writing AJAX (before it was called AJAX) for European travel technology giant Amadeus on the Cote d'Azur. He has been working on OpenLayers since February of 2006.