The OpenLayers Development Team is sure proud to announce the third release candidate of OpenLayers 2.7.
We have seen the bug reports taper off this week and are fervently hoping that RC3 will be the final
2.7 release. So please try it out and report back if you have issues!
This latest RC fixes several issues:
* FireBug now works again in FF3 (#1594)
* getComponentString no longer causes getShortString to fail if a geometry has only two components (#1730)
* Right-Click Handler now *disabled* by default (#1735)
* GML v2 build fix (#1740)
* Natural doc review (#1738)
....a full list is available at http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=closed&version=2.7%20RC2 .
We invite you to help us test this latest 2.7 release candidate! To test 2.7 rc3 in your applications, include the following tag in your OpenLayers-powered page:
As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/. Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.7 RC3 version. Any regressions should be filed under the 2.7 milestone.
Additionally, if you are interested in confirming that this release works well in your browser, especially if it is a less commonly used browser, you can run the OpenLayers test suite, and automatically report your results, by:
* Closing and reopening your browser
* Opening http://openlayers.org/dev/tests/auto-tests.html
* Clicking the 'run all' button at the bottom of the page.
This will run tests, and deliver the results to our OpenLayers test server for developers to review.
We look forward to your feedback!
The OpenLayers Team