|Version 2 (modified by euzuro, 6 years ago)|
The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce Final Release of OpenLayers 2.3!
To run 2.3 in your applications, include the following tag in your OpenLayers-powered page:
Among the 52 fixed tickets, you will find:
- A number of minor fixes to popup handling
- A number of minor fixes to layer handling
- The addition of a TMS layer
- The ability to specify a number of failed attempts to load an image before giving up.
- Encoding of URLs sent to the server.
- A number of minor improvements in the grid layer
- A number of improvements in IE behavior, especially with regard to controls
- A fixed version of isEquivilantURL
- Small fix to build tools
- Improvements to the OverviewMap control.
- A fix for a longstanding bug where tiles are drawn outside the maxExtent of the map (Thanks to Bill Woodall)
- Added functionality to allow setting of multiple layers via WMS following the specification, using array syntax for layer list. (With information from Keith Pomakis)
- Some armoring and protection of the WMS Untiled layer and other layers on destroy().
- A fix to panning in an odd sized viewport.
Official Release Notes including all features and bug fixes can be found here: http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.3/Notes
...and complete documentation on the entire 2.3 Release is here: http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.3
Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.3 version.
As always, thanks for any and all feedback... and thanks for using OpenLayers!
Regards, Christopher Schmidt