20:00:02 <rdewit_> hi
20:00:05 <tschaub> hey
20:00:24 *** Zebuline (n=Zebuline@withinthebox.net) has joined #openlayers
20:00:28 <tschaub> .t UTC
20:00:31 <oltrac> 2008-03-19T20:00:28Z
20:00:58 <tschaub> ping euzuro, pgiraud_
20:01:04 <tschaub> and anyone else
20:01:22 <tschaub> how's it going rdewit_
20:01:50 <rdewit_> tschaub: good, thanx. just waking up.
20:02:12 <euzuro> hi
20:03:20 <rdewit_> shall we talk about the popups?
20:03:23 <stvn> hi
20:03:29 <tschaub> you guys see Schuyler's suggestion about a RC Thursday March 26?
20:03:55 <tschaub> is that even a real date?
20:04:25 <tschaub> anyway, next Wednesday or Thursday
20:04:27 <stvn> thursday 27?
20:04:48 <rdewit_> with a weekend and 2 public holidays in between?
20:04:51 <euzuro> the popups need just another day or maybe two
20:04:56 <tschaub> lets say next weds
20:05:17 <tschaub> a day or two from today or a day or two of work?
20:05:45 <euzuro> day or two of work
20:05:57 <euzuro> in theory i should be able to get those two days by then
20:06:08 <euzuro> but theory is... theory
20:06:40 <rdewit_> yeah, and crappy browsers are crappy browsers. IE6 is the biggest challenge with the popups i guess.
20:07:14 <tschaub> I haven't been following - rdewit_, are you in to the popup code as well?
20:07:23 <rdewit_> I'm a *user*
20:07:28 <crschmidt> I think IE6 is mostly solved in the popups stuff?
20:07:31 <euzuro> popups are fixed on ie6
20:07:32 <euzuro> yes
20:07:34 <crschmidt> the major issue with it was anyway
20:07:38 <euzuro> pgiraud figred it out
20:07:42 <crschmidt> yeah
20:07:44 <tschaub> cool
20:07:51 <rdewit_> The black blocks are gone, that's right.
20:08:27 <euzuro> yup
20:08:36 <euzuro> and such a simple fix, too
20:08:41 <euzuro> could not be happier
20:08:43 <euzuro> :-)
20:09:06 <rdewit_> What was it? I spent an hour or 2 looking into it, but couldn't find a solution (Back then)
20:09:25 <crschmidt> setOpacity
20:09:28 <crschmidt> was causing problems
20:09:41 <crschmidt> but since opacity can be controlled by making partially transparent images, there's no need for it with the framedpopups
20:10:15 <tschaub> did anyone convince themselves that the (GeoRSS, GML, WFS) fileType change actually doesn't cause a regression?
20:10:23 <tschaub> I haven't run the tests in IE for a bit
20:10:33 <tschaub> crschmidt: I know you said the failure went away
20:10:39 <rdewit_> i can run some now
20:11:45 <tschaub> re: SLD stuff - I'm ok pushing #1443 to 2.7 and making a quick fix for #1442
20:11:47 <oltrac> Ticket #1442: Return from SLD read, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1442
20:11:57 <tschaub> but I also know we'll be releasing with bugs
20:12:05 <tschaub> and I know that bothers some
20:12:25 <crschmidt> tschaub: ahocevar syas that georss is consistently not working for him in IE6
20:12:30 <crschmidt> and Erik bumped into the tests failing in IE7 last night
20:12:37 <euzuro> what are the bugs?
20:12:40 <crschmidt> It seems intermittent
20:12:49 <euzuro> crschmidt: yes i did find bugs in ie7 running test
20:12:50 <tschaub> euzuro: just bugs in SLD parsing
20:13:07 * crschmidt doesn't care about bugs in SLD
20:13:15 <crschmidt> (Since I don't use it)
20:13:27 <crschmidt> So I don't have an opinion on SLD stuff
20:13:40 <crschmidt> (Sorry, "don't care" came out wrong: what I really meant was "Don't have an educated opinion")
20:13:51 *** Kred has quit ("ta ta")
20:13:54 * rdewit_ confirms that IE6 tests fail in trunk on Layer/GeoRSS
20:14:15 <crschmidt> tschaub: Can we revert the fileType change and push investigation of that issue off to 2.7?
20:14:23 * rdewit_ notes that the test has a JS error
20:14:42 <tschaub> yeah, crschmidt I was wondering if we want to wait until next tues for stuff like that
20:14:48 <crschmidt> I know that it means we're doing 'double duty' on parsing, but...
20:14:56 * crschmidt nods
20:15:12 <tschaub> was just about to push #1443 off - but then thought it might be useful to leave up in case anyone does want to take it on
20:15:15 <oltrac> Ticket #1443: The parseProperty method in the SLD format is too greedy, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1443
20:15:17 *** darkblueB (firstname.lastname@example.org) has joined #openlayers
20:15:37 <crschmidt> Shall we make a 2.6.1 milestone and push thoes things into that? :)
20:15:50 <crschmidt> (Not really serious)
20:16:59 <tschaub> ok, so should we stick by a date
20:17:08 <tschaub> and push off known issues (that aren't regressions)
20:17:18 <tschaub> the day before that date?
20:17:41 <crschmidt> The only cases where I'm not fine with that are cases where a particular issue is blocking investigation of something else
20:17:41 <tschaub> guess that's what a release schedule means
20:18:07 <crschmidt> For example, the KML breakage is, I think, related to the fileType change, and I don't have the tools to investigate :/
20:18:10 <tschaub> yeah, is the fileType mess doing that?
20:18:13 <tschaub> yeah
20:18:30 <crschmidt> I dunno. I can't really look into it effectively in either case, since I can't get it to happen consistently
20:19:28 <euzuro> i think we're getting really close and that maybe fixing a date would be a good thing
20:19:43 <euzuro> i will commit to doing everything humanly possible to get the popups thing fixed by then
20:20:54 <euzuro> if others can follow suit, then setting a date makes sense
20:21:03 <euzuro> otherwise, lets just continue as we have been
20:21:19 <oltrac> Ticket #1442 (feature updated): Return from SLD read, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1442#comment:7
20:21:43 <crschmidt> tschaub: Actually, I've formed an opinion. The lenght of the outstanding ticket list really does matter. Anything we're willing to push off to the next release, I think we should push it off 'now'
20:21:57 <tschaub> I am going to disappear on some unknown day in the next few weeks - so can't promise the limits of human possibility
20:21:57 <crschmidt> Where 'now' is 'as soon as someone makes the decision'
20:22:42 <crschmidt> So, for example, i think that we can push 1443 off, and that we should do so now rather than later: if someone finishes writing the code before a deadline, we can always pull it back
20:22:44 *** rduif (email@example.com) has joined #openlayers
20:22:50 <tschaub> agreed
20:22:53 <tschaub> and done
20:23:09 <tschaub> oh, forgot to finish my comment as well
20:23:22 <oltrac> Ticket #1431 (bug updated): Features that fail the SVG renderer's inValidRange check will not be redrawn when recentering the map, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1431#comment:6
20:23:24 <oltrac> Ticket #1443 (bug updated): The parseProperty method in the SLD format is too greedy, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1443#comment:1
20:24:26 <oltrac> Ticket #1451 (bug updated): ScaleLine doesn't change from out to in units if map units is not 'dd', http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1451#comment:1
20:25:13 <crschmidt> thoughts on 1364? I think it's related to adding more events
20:25:22 <crschmidt> things get sloer cause the browser is busy firing events
20:25:44 <crschmidt> I'm not sure if slowdowns in performance are regressions or not
20:26:08 <crschmidt> euzuro: can you glance at #1438 and tell me if you think that that's a sane solution?
20:26:10 <oltrac> Ticket #1438: Google layer mousewheel zooming broken, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1438
20:26:28 <oltrac> Ticket #1450 (task updated): Remove unnecessary code from Util.getParameters(), http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1450#comment:2
20:26:55 <crschmidt> tschaub: could use your feedback on #1418 if you get a chance
20:26:57 <oltrac> Ticket #1418: dragging mode of modify feature control is broken, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1418
20:27:31 <oltrac> Ticket #926 (feature updated): Google Style Popups, http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/926#comment:51
20:28:57 <tschaub> reviewing 1418
20:29:55 <crschmidt> thx
20:30:56 <tschaub> I think #1364 is an easy one to push to 2.7
20:30:58 <oltrac> Ticket #1364: zoom responce is delayed when you have a lot of OpenLayer.Layers on the map., http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1364
20:31:03 <crschmidt> even though it's a regression?
20:31:11 <crschmidt> essentially, we've made OL unusable for John, from what I understand
20:31:42 <tschaub> well, we haven't done anything to his copy of OL
20:31:48 <crschmidt> heh, okay
20:31:53 <crschmidt> Fair enough
20:32:07 <tschaub> I think it would be great to fix
20:32:11 <crschmidt> but not a blocker
20:32:24 * crschmidt wishes that his firefox would profile on non-singlefile builds
20:32:33 <tschaub> yeah, unless you (or anyone) actually knows the root of the problem
20:32:48 <crschmidt> As best I could tell, we spend a lot more time firing events now
20:33:01 <crschmidt> But I'm not really sure: profiling a single file build is a piece of work
20:33:19 * euzuro has to leave for lunch 5 min ago
20:33:30 <tschaub> well, think that's good for 1/2 hr