|Version 34 (modified by paulproteus, 6 years ago)|
Examples of OpenLayers applications
- Nebraska TNTMap - features Builder for WMS layers and Extensions to Open Layers (ex. layer switcher with legend images)
- Creative Commons donor map - uses the "basic" layer based on vmap0 and a self-hosted tilecache to show the cities of recent donors to Creative Commons. It uses a trivial hack of the MapViewerService plus a custom icon. OpenLayers lets us highlight our friends without resorting to non-free software.
- GODIVA - Displaying ocean and climate forecast data features gradient legends and translucent overlay control and get feature info
- OpenPlans GeoServer Demo - A sample of GeoServer's capabilities, showing full TIGER census dataset, along with GNIS place names and VMAP0 country polygon. Brought to you by The Open Planning Project
- Great Lakes Maps - The Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN) is a partnership that provides one place online for people to find information relating to the binational Great Lakes-St. Lawrence region of North America.
- Mars Explorer - Use OpenLayers to browse maps of mars. Brought to you by http://www.yunnanexplorer.com
- OpenGéoPortail - Browse French Geo-Data on top of Google maps layers. Brought to you by Nicolas BOZON.
- Larson Group Real Estate - Browse real estate listings in the Brainerd, MN area
- California Fire Hazard Severity Zones - legend, one-click queries, geocoding
- European "Night at the Museum" Site - View museums accross europe which are participating in the project
- aniwai.com - Travel-related site that shows its data on Google maps as clustered markers
- Dutch Directorate for Public Works and Water Management - Used by the government agency to disseminate geo-information on road and water works.
- Routing in OpenLayers - Boston Freemap project with an example of the application of the pgRouting application.
- Routing in Toronto - Cool maps of Toronto city with great GUI for pgRouting.
- Irrigation Southern Portugal - Inventory of small private irrigation farmers (Inventário de Pequenos Regadios do Alentejo). ArcIMS and OpenLayers. ArcIMS serves WMS base layer through TileCache.
- Fractals - Exploration of the Mandelbrot fractal.
- Genomes - One dimensional genome visualization (and navigation) application from Berkeley.
- Photos - Brugge Panorama: Andrew Larcombe's example of using OpenLayers to browse a digital image (as WMS layer).