|Version 9 (modified by crschmidt, 5 years ago)|
How to Create a Patch
If you have a patch that you wish to be included in the OpenLayers repository, this is what you need to do:
- File a Ticket: No patches will be made to trunk unless they are accompanied by a trac ticket. For complete instructions: FilingTickets
- Write tests: See WritingUnitTests for information on how to write tests for your patch.
- Create the Patch File:
- Get a fresh checkout of trunk. See HowToDownload for information on how to check out the trunk.
- Make your the modifications for your patch.
- Run the tests until they all pass.
- From a commandline, run svn diff > yourpatchname.patch to create a patch file.
- Create a Patch from a Sandbox:
- make sure your sandbox is up to date
- svn diff http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/<your sandbox> > yourpatchname.patch
- Attach Patch to Ticket: Click the Attach File Button under the Attachments heading and select the yourpatchname.patch file.
- Attach new files to Ticket: Files you have created as part of your change are not caught by the diff process. You will have to add these files individually to the patch.
- Mark Ticket for Review: In the state field of the ticket, select "Review". The OpenLayers development team regularly runs ticket queries for the keyword "review" to see which tickets are pending.
For instructions on how to apply a patch, see ApplyingPatches