Ticket #2804 (new feature)
Impossible to put a Google layer over a standard layer
|Reported by:||sbrunner||Owned by:|
|State:||Needs More Work|
Actually It's impossible to put a fixed layer (Google for example) over a non fixed layer (OSM for example).
The goole is to put the googlesat over a plan, made by two layers, in semi-transparency an finally a layer with labels on the top.
This is in part the fault of this changeset :
But without it work on all browser except ie.
Than I start to do is to don't add the layers to viewPortDiv but add all layers to layerContainerDiv, and after change the position of each non fixed layers individually.
I speak about this patch Eric is he say that it's probably not a good idea to add an additional argument than I will probably remove it in the future.
The limitations I have with my patch (without it's worth ;-) ):
- I don't succeed to put the virtual earth layers as overlay.
- I don't succeed to put a google/yahoo/OSM layer over a virtual earth layer.
- all the google will have the same z-index
- only on Google or Yahoo layer can be visible in one time.
An probably A problem to solve:
- I don't succeed to change the transparency on the Yahoo layers on ie.
Finally it's patch is in development than tell me if I don't take the best way.