Ticket #1284 (closed feature: duplicate)
Create time-aware PointTrack
|Reported by:||ianmayo||Owned by:||achipa|
|State:||Needs More Work|
This ticket describes an OpenLayers layer that shows a series of time-aware points, provisionally titled TimedPointTrack. A highlight over the points shows the position at a particular point in time. This layer will extend the functionality of the PointTrack layer, hopefully through inheritance.
- The data-read functionality will be extended to load and store the time value from entries in a georss feed.
- The layer will be aware of the times of it's earliest & latest entries (start/finish times), presenting them as properties
- In addition to the vector-line and textual markers shown by the PointTrack layer, this layer will also show a 'current location' highlight. This will be a 10px*10px rectangle in the same colour as the point-track. The size & colour will be maintained by styles.
- The layer will have an "interpolatePoints" yes/no option.
- The layer will have an "permanentHighlight" yes/no option.
- If the time supplied by setTime is outside the time period of the track, the permanentHighlight value will be examined. If no, the highlight will not be shown. If yes, the highlight will be placed at the start/end of the track as applicable.
- A time-control will be created, consisting of a slider control with attached date-time label.
- The example map will track start/finish times of point track layers as they are loaded, informing the time control of their start/finish times. The time control will span the union of their time period.
- When the slider is moved it will examine the layers in the current map, firing a 'setTime' event to any TimedPointTrack layers. The label will update to show the current date value.