|Version 10 (modified by assefa, 2 years ago)|
There is a need for MapServer to support the INSPIRE specifications. Several discussions have already happened through mailing list and trac bugs. The goal of this page is to organize these discussions and come up with solutions that that will allow to support the specification
- ticket:1632 : support for named group layers using wms_layer_group
- ticket:3608 : INSPIRE related suport
Mailing list and reference documents:
- This http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/INSPIRE-compliancy-A-request-for-comments-on-a-possible-RFC-td5661761.html#a5661761
- Links to documents extracted from the reference document
- Schema http://www3.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/inspire.xsd
- Get Capabilities http://www3.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/get_capabilities.xml
- add a link to the inspire schema as part of the overall schema list
- generate an ExtendedCapabilities?
- include all elements by reading inspire type metadata
- all other metadata outside that extended capabilities should already be part of the regular wms output
- ability to specify in a map file that extended INSPIRE capabilities should be returned.
Presentation of layers in a GetCapabilities? document
- Ability to use grouped layers
- see details in ticket:1632
Mandatory (M) and Optional (O) metadata the need to be supported
We should define in this section all the metadata that need to be defined in the map file. We should initially support all the mandatory ones.
- Resource Title (M): It is mapped to wms:Title. Map file should have w/o_title.
- Resource Abstract (M): It is mapped to wms:Abstract. Map file must have w/o_abstract
- Resource Type (M): new metadata inspire_resource_type_code and inspire_resource_type_value should be defined
- Resource Locator (O)
- Coupled Resource (O)
- Spatial Data Service Type (M): This seems to always be fixed to a 'view' value in the document. Nothing to define in the map file.
- Keyword (M): It is mapped to wms:KeywordList. The map file should have the w/o_keyword define.
- Geographic Bounding Box (M): wms:EX_GeographicBoundingBox (Layer property). Nothing special to define in the map file.
- Temporal Reference (M)
- Spatial Resolution (O)
- Conformity (M)
- Conditions for Access and Use (M)
- Limitations on Public Access (M)
- Responsible Organisation (M)
- Metadata Point of Contact (M)
- Metadata Date (M)
- Metadata Language (M)
- Current Language (M)