Ticket #2748 (closed defect: invalid)
Corrupt image rendering
|Reported by:||mgleahy||Owned by:||sdlime|
|Component:||MapServer C Library||Version:||5.2|
Processing of GeoTiff? images by mapserver seems to be corrupted on one of my systems. One or more values for a given pixel are set to zero for certain parts of the image output. I have tested this with two different layers of data. One is a layer of tiled GeoTiff? images with aerial photography (3-band rgb values), and another is a single GeoTiff? image of a dem (1-band floating point values).
I have been able to produce these errors with php mapscript and the cgi mapserv executable...I also randomly get incorrect results from raster queries (where one or more values for the queried pixel will be returned as zero).
The system I'm having this problem with is a laptop running Fedora 7-x86_64, with geos 3.0.0, proj 4.6.0, gdal 1.5.0 (or gdal 1.5.2, upgraded yesterday), and mapserver 5.2.0. I have a very similar setup on a server with the same geos/proj/gdal/mapserver versions, running on Fedora 8-x86_64, and it doesn't exhibit any of these image corruption issues. In addition to a more recent version of Fedora, the server also has multiple cores (my laptop has one), and twice the ram (though I eliminated available ram as the culprit when I upgraded it yesterday).