|Last change on this file was 6885, checked in by dmorissette, 9 years ago|
|File size: 75.6 KB|
MapServer Revision History
This is a human-readable revision history which will attempt to document required changes for users to migrate from one version of MapServer to the next. Developers are strongly encouraged to document their changes and their impacts on the users here. (Please add the most recent changes to the top of the list.)
For a complete change history, please see the Subversion log comments.
Version 5.0.0 (2007-09-17)
- AGG: Fix angle computation for truetype marker symbols on lines (#2316)
- Fix support for bilinear resampling of raster data with AGG (#2303)
Version 5.0.0-rc2 (2007-09-10)
- Prevent seg fault in msWMSLoadGetMapParams when request is missing (#2299)
- Fixed calculation of scale in PHP MapScript mapObj.zoomScale() (#2300)
- Fixed conflict between runtime substitution validation and qstring validation.
- Fixed agg configure logic (now should work with --with-agg alone) (#2295)
- Fixed interleaving of multi-band results for raster query (#2294).
Version 5.0.0-rc1 (2007-09-05)
- Fixed "MinFeatureSize AUTO" labeling for polygon layers, works for polygon annotation layers too (#2232)
- Fixed path following labels with short (2/3 character) strings (#2223)
- AGG fix a bug when rendering polygons with tiled pixmaps
- Added requirement to provide validation pattern for cgi-based attribute queries using the layer metadata key 'qstring_validation_pattern' (#2286)
- Fixed msDebug causing a crash with VS2005 (#2287)
- Added stronger checks on libpdf version in configure script (#2278)
- Added msGetVersionInt() to MapScript (ms_GetVersionInt() in PHP) (#2279)
- _isnan prototype for MSVC builds from <float.h> #2277
- AGG: Fix a bug when rendering brushed lines with vector or pixmap symbols (artifacts could appear on outline)
- AGG: Adjust symbol height when brushing a line with a vector symbol so that the line width isn't truncated
- Only include process.h on win32 (non-cygwin) systems, moved from maptemplate.h to mapserver.h. (#2276)
Version 5.0.0-beta6 (2007-08-29)
- Fixed problem with outline of polygons rendered twice with OGR STYLEITEM AUTO and AGG output (#2271)
- Fixed problem compiling with only WMS/WFS client but none of the WMS, WFS, WCS or SOS server options enabled (#2272)
- Fixed buffer overflow in handling of WMS SRS=AUTO:... (#1824)
- AGG: render thick lines and polygon outlines with round caps and joins by default
- Typo in mapfile writing (#2267)
- Fixed mapping of class->keyimage in PHP MapScript (#2268)
- Look for libagg under lib64 subdir as well in configure (#2265)
- AGG: revert previous optimizations. now use caching of the rendering object to avoid the re-creation of some structures each time a shape is drawn
- AGG: optimizations for faster rendering. we now do not initialize the font cache when no text is to be rendered
- AGG: fixed rendering of polygons with holes (#2264)
- AGG - raster layers: fix typo in mapresample.c that produced random background colors when using OFFSITE (#2263)
- AGG: Fix a bug when rendering tiled polygons with truetype, pixmap or vector symbols (usually only affected bright colors)
- Avoid passing null to msInsertHashTable in processLegendTemplate when layer.name or layer.group not specified (#2261)
- Fixed problems with fonts in PDF output (#2142)
- AGG: smooth font shadows
Version 5.0.0-beta5 (2007-08-22)
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities (#2256)
- Allow building with AGG from source when libaggfontfreetype is missing. configure --with-agg=DIR now automatically tries to build agg_font_freetype.o from source if libaggfontfreetype is missing (#2215)
- Fixed possible buffer overflow in template processing (#2252)
- fix blending of transparent layers with RGBA images
- AGG: speed up rendering of pixmap marker symbols
- Implement OGR thread-safety via use of an OGR lock (#1977).
- Fixed compile warnings (#2226)
- Fixed mappdf.c compile warnings, PDF support was probably unusable before that fix (#2251)
- Adding -DUSE_GENERIC_MS_NINT to the WIN64 builds (#2250)
- Adding msSaveImageBuffer and use that function from the mapscript library instead of the renderer specific functions. (#2241)
- Split each format into it's own <formats> element in WCS describe coverage results (#2244).
- Support to run the mapscript c# examples on x64 platform (#2240)
- Fixed problem introduced in 5.0.0-beta4: all HTML legend icons were empty white images (#2243)
- Fixed WMS Client to always send STYLES parameter with WMS GetMap requests (#2242)
- Fixed support for label encoding in SVG output (#2239)
- Added support for label encoding in legend (#2239)
- Fixed PHP MapScript layer->queryByAttributes() to not accept empty or null qitem arg (#480)
- AGG: fixed incorrect rendering of pixmaps on MSB architectures (#2235)
- Added layer.getFeature() in PHP MapScript with optional tileindex arg, and deprecated layer.getShape() to match what we had in SWIG (#900)
- Added class.getTextString() and deprecated/renamed class.getExpression() and layer.getFilter() to class.getExpressionString() and layer.getFilterString() to match what we have in SWIG MapScript (#1892)
Version 5.0.0-beta4 (2007-08-15)
- Updated msImageCreateAGG to only allow RGB or RGBA pixel models (#2231)
- Fixed problem with symbol.setImagePath() when file doesn't exist (#1962)
- Python MapScript failures (#2230)
- msInsertLayer should not free the incoming layer anymore (#2229)
- Include only parsed in the first mapfile (#2021)
- Incorrect lookup of symbol in symbolset (#2227)
- Mapfile includes and MapScript (#2089)
- Fixed alignment of GetLegendGraphic output when mapfile contains no legend object (#966)
- Fixed seg. fault when generaing HTML legend for raster layers with no classes (#2228). The same issue was also causing several Chameleon apps using HTML legend to seg fault (#2218)
- Do not use case sensitive searches in string2list, which is used for msWhichItems (#2067)
- Ensure that we can write AGG images with Python MapScript's write() method
- Support unicode attributes for ArcSDE 9.2 and above (#2225)
- GD: Truetype line symbolization should follow line orientation only if GAP is <=0
- AGG: Added truetype symbolization for lines and polygons
- AGG: Draw an outline of size 1 of the fill color around polygons if an outlinecolor isn't specified (avoids faint outline)
- Added summary of options at end of configure output (#1966)
- Updated configure script to detect and require GEOS 2.2.2+ (#1896)
- Renamed --enable-coverage configure option to --enable-gcov to avoid confusion with WCS or Arc/Info coverages (#2217)
- Fixed --enable-gcov (formerly --enable-coverage) option to work with php_mapscript.so (#2216)
- check for OGR support in if SLD is used (#1998)
- msWMSLoadGetMapParams: fixed handling of required parameters (#1088)
- if any of srs, bbox, format, width, height are NOT found, throw exception
- if styles AND sld are NOT found, throw an exception
- NOTE: this may cause issues with some existing clients who do not pass required parameters
Version 5.0.0-beta3 (2007-08-08)
- This beta contains significant improvements and fixes on the AGG rendering front. However some build issues remain on some platforms. Please see ticket #2215 if building with AGG support doesn't work with the default configure script: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2215
- mapagg.cpp rewrite - the AGG renderer should now support all the GD features
- Use AGG when requested for drawing the legend
- Fixed problems with very large HTML legends producing no output (#1946)
- Use OGR-specific destructors for objects that have them rather than 'delete' (#697)
- Include style-related info in HTML legend icon filenames to solve issues with caching of icons when the class or style params are changed (#745)
- Fixed issues with wms_layer_group metadata in WMS GetCapabilities (#2122)
- Use msSaveImageBufferAGG for AGG formats in getBytes (#2205).
- Make sure to emit $(AGG) to mapscriptvars because of conditional inclusion of stuct members to imageObj. (#2205)
- Make imageextra field in imageObj not conditional (not #ifdef'ed) (#2205)
- AGG/PNG and AGG/JPEG are the only valid agg drivers. Imagetypes aggpng24 and aggjpeg can be used to refer to the default output formats. (#2195)
- Fix memory leak with labepath object (#2199)
- Fix memory leak msImageTruetypePolyline (#2200)
- SWF: Fix incorrect symbol assignements (#2198)
- Fixed memory leaks in processing of WFS requests (#2077)
- Avoid use of uninitialised memory in msCopySymbol() (#2194)
Version 5.0.0-beta2 (2007-08-01)
- Oracle Spatial: Fixed some issues related with the maporaclespatial.c source code: warnings with calls in gcc 4.x versions (#1845), gtype translation error, generating memory problem (#2056), problems with items allocation (#1961 and #1736), and some memory-leaks errors (#1662).
- AGG: Fixed a significant number of rendering issues including conflicts with OPACITY ALPHA and ANTIALIAS TRUE settings w/regards to polygon fills. Fixed ellipse and vector markers. Fixed AGG/GD alpha channel conflicts by writing conversion to/from functions. (#2191-partial, #2173, #2177)
- SOS: Turn layer off if eventTime is not in the sos_offering_timeextent (#2154)
- WFS: Correct bugs related to query by featureid support (#2102)
- WMS: Add svg as a supported format for GetMap request (#1347)
- WMS: Correct WMS time overriding Filter paramter (#1261)
- Fix problem with LUT scaling ranges with explicit value for 255 (#2167).
- WCS: Fixed resampling/reprojecting for tileindex datasets (#2180)
- Fixed formatting of configure --help (#2182)
- Fixed AGG configure option to use 'test -f' instead of 'test -e' which doesn't work on Solaris (#2183)
- Fixed mapwms.c to support selecting AGG/ outputformats via FORMAT=.
- Removed unused styleObj.isachild member (#2169)
Version 5.0.0-beta1 (2007-07-25)
New features in 5.0:
- MS RFC 19: Added Style and Label attribute binding
- MS RFC 21: Raster Color Correction via color lookup table
- MS RFC 27: Added label priority
- MS RFC 29: Added dynamic charting (pie and bar charts)
- MS RFC 31: New mechanism to load/set objects via URL using mapfile syntax
- MS RFC 32: Added support for map rendering using the AGG library for better output quality
Long time issues resolved in 5.0:
- MS RFC 17: Use dynamic allocation for symbols, layers, classes and styles (got rid of the static limit on the number of instances of each in a map)
- MS RFC 24: Improved memory management and garbage collection for MapScript
- MS RFC 26: Terminology cleanup (layer transparency renamed to opacity, scale becomes scaledenom, symbol style becomes symbol pattern)
- MS RFC 28: Enhanced the debug/logging mechanism to facilitate troubleshooting and tuning applications. Added support for multiple debug levels and more control on output location.
Other fixes/enhancements in this beta:
Upgrade Filter encoding to use geos and support all missing operators (#2105)
Use of static color Palette support for gd output (#2096)
MapServer's main header file map.h has been renamed mapserver.h (#1437)
A mapserver-config script has been created
Single and double quotes escaping in string expressions used by FILTER. (Resolves tickets #2123 and #2141)
SLD: Support of Graphic Stroke for a Linesymbolizer (#2139)
GD : draw symbols along a line using pixmap symbols (#2121)
SVG : Polygons should not be filled if color is not given (#2055)
WMS : fixed request with a BBOX and and SLD containing Filter encoding (2079)
SWF : use highlight color from querymap (2074)
Support for embedding manifests as resources for the VS2005 builds. (ticket #2048)
Changed OGRLayerGetAutoStyle not to pass NULL pointer to GetRGBFromString causing access violation (bug 1950).
Fix SDE returning the row_id_column multiple times (bug 2040).
Fix text outline bug. (bug 2027)
Improve error reporting when OWS services are requested but the support is not compiled in. (bug 2025)
Fix support for OFFSITE for simple greyscale rasters (bug 2024).
- [SLD] : Error on last class in raster class names based on the ColorMapEntry
[Filter Encoding] : Check if Literal value in Filter is empty (bug 1995)
[SLD] : Else filters are now generated at the end of classes (bug 1925)
Enabled setting of a layer tileindex (e.g. map_layername_tileindex) via the CGI program. (bug 1992)
Added feature to the CGI to check runtime substitutions against patterns defined in layer metadata. (bug 1918)
Exposed label point computation to mapscript (bug 1979)
[SLD]: use the url as symbol name for external symbols (bug 1985)
[SLD] : support of mixing static text with column names (bug 1857)
maperror.c: fix for wrapping long in image errors, thanks to Chris Schmidt (bug 1963)
maperror.c: fix closing of stderr/stdout after writing error msg (bug 1970)
Preliminary implementation of RFC 21 (Raster Color Correction).
[SLD] : when reading an SLD, sequence of classes was reversed (Bug 1925)
Fixed a bug with SDE capability requests where we were double freeing because sde->row_id_column wasn't set to NULL in msSDELayerOpen
[OGC:SOS] : Fixed bugs realted to metadata and xml output (1731, 1739, 1740, 1741). Fixed bug with large xml output (bug 1938)
fixed performance problem in raster reprojection (bug 1944)
added msOWSGetLanguage function in mapows.c/h (bug 1955)
added mapowscommon.c/mapowscommon.h and updated mapogcsos.c to use mapowscommon.c functions (bug 1954)
added more Perl mapscript examples in mapscript/perl/examples/, most of which exemplify recently added GEOS functionality
php_mapscript.c: Fixed setRotation() method to check for MS_SUCCESS, not MS_TRUE (bug 1968)
mapobject.c: Fixed msMapSetExtent() to avoid trying to calcuate the scale if the map size hasn't been set yet (bug 1968)
mapobject.c: ensure msMapComputeGeotransform() returns MS_FAILURE, not MS_FALSE (bug 1968)
mapdraw.c: Actually report that we aren't configure with wms client support if that is why we can't draw a layer.
mapows.c: fixed XML error (bug 2070)
mapwms.c: Fixed text/plain output duplicate (bug 1379)
mapwms.c: Attribution element output in GetCapabilities only 1.0.7 and higher (bug 2080)
mapwms.c: UserDefinedSymbolization element output in GetCapabilities only 1.0.7 and higher (bug 2081)
mapwms.c: GetLegendGraphic and GetStyles only appear in 1.1.1 and higher responses (bug 1826)
mapwcs.c: - msWCSDescribeCoverage: throw Exception if Coverage doesn't exist (bug 649) - msWCSException: updated as per WCS 1.0 Appendix A.6
mapogcsos.c: Added ability to output gml:id via MAP/LAYER/METADATA ows/sos/gml_featureid (bug 1754)
mapcontext.c: Added ogc namespace (#2002)
Note that starting with this release the source code is now managed in Subversion (SVN) instead of CVS and we have migrated from bugzilla to Trac for bug tracking.
Version 4.10.0 (2006-10-04)
- No source code changes since 4.10.0-rc1
Known issues in 4.10.0:
- PHP5 not detected properly on Mandriva Linux (bug 1923)
- Mapfile INCLUDE does not work with relative paths on Windows (bug 1880)
- Curved labels don't work with multibyte character encodings (bug 1921)
- Quotes in DATA or CONNECTION strings produce parsing errors (bug 1549)
Version 4.10.0-RC1 (2006-09-27)
- SLD: quantity values for raster sld can be float values instead of just
Hiding labelitemindex, labelsizeitemindex, labelangleitemindex from the SWIG interface (bug 1906)
Fixed computation of geotransform to match BBOX (to edges of image) not map.extent (to center of edge pixels). (bug 1916)
mapraster.c: Use msResampleGDALToMap() for "upside down" images. (bug 1904)
Version 4.10.0-beta3 (2006-09-06)
- Web Map Context use format metadata when formatlist not available. (bug 1723)
- Web Map Context boolean values true/false now interpreted. (bug 1692)
- Added support for MULTIPOLYGON, MULTILINESTRING, and MULTIPOINT in msShapeFromWKT() when going through OGR (i.e. GEOS disabled) (bug 1891)
- Fixed MapScript getExpressionString() that was failing on expressions longer that 256 chars (SWIG) and 512 chars (PHP). (bug 1428)
- WMSSLD: use Title of Rule if Name not present (bug 1889)
- Fixed syntax error (for visual c++) in mapimagemap.c.
- Fixed mapgeos.c problems with multipoint and multilinestring WKT (bug 1897).
- Implemented translation via OGR to WKT for multipoint, multiline and multipolygon (bug 1618)
Version 4.10.0-beta2 (2006-08-28)
- Applied patch supplied by Vilson Farias for extra commas with imagemap output (bug 760).
- Fixed possible heap overflow with oversized POST requests (bug 1885)
- Set ./lib and ./include properly for MING support (bug 1866)
- More robust library checking on OSX (bug 1867)
- Removed mpatrol support (use valgrind instead for something similar and less intrusive). (bug 1883)
- Added mapserver compilation flags to the SWIG c# command line (bug 1881)
- Fix OSX shared library options for PHP (bug 1877).
- Added setSymbolByName to styleObj for the SWIG mapscript in order to set both the symbol and the symbolname members (bug 1835)
- Generate ogc filters now outputs the ocg name space (bug 1863)
- Don't return a WCS ref in WMS DescribeLayer responses when layer type is CONNECTIONTYPE WMS (cascaded WMS layers not supported for WCS) (bug 1874)
- Correct partly the problem of translating regex to ogc:Literal (bug 1644)
- schemas.opengeospatial.net has been shutdown, use schemas.opengis.net instead as the default schema repository for OGC services (bug 1873)
- MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT has been created to document backwards incompatible changes between 4.8 and 4.10
- Modify mapgd.c to use MS_NINT_GENERIC to avoid rounding issues. (bug 1716)
- added --disable-fast-nint configure directive (bug 1716)
- Fixed php_mapscript Windows build that was broken in beta1 (bug 1872)
- Supported <propertyname> tag in SLD label (Bug 1857)
- Use the label element in the ColorMapEntry for the raster symbolizer (Bug 1844)
- Adding Geos functions to php mapscript (bug 1327)
- Added a type cast to msio.i so as to eliminate the warning with the SWIG unix/osx builds
- Fixed csharp/Makefile.in for supporting the OSX builds and creating the platform dependent mapscript_csharp.dll.config file.
- Fixed error in detection of libpdf.sl in configure.in (bug 1868).
Version 4.10.0-beta1 (2006-08-17)
Marking the following SWIG object members immutable (bug 1803) layerObj.metadata, classObj.label, classObj.metadata, fontSetObj.fonts, legendObj.label, mapObj.symbolset, mapObj.fontset, mapObj.labelcache, mapObj.reference, mapObj.scalebar, mapObj.legend, mapObj.querymap mapObj.web, mapObj.configoptions, webObj.metadata, imageObj.format, classObj.layer, legendObj.map, webObj.map, referenceMapObj.map labelPathObj was made completely hidden (according to Steve's suggestion)
Fixed problem with PHP MapScript's saveWebImage() filename collisions when mapscript was loaded in php.ini with PHP as an Apache DSO (bug 1322)
Produce warning in WFS GetFeature output if ???_featureid is specified but corresponding item is not found in layer (bug 1781). Also produce a warning in GetCapabilities if ???_featureid not set (bug 1782)
Removed the default preallocation of 4 values causing memory leaks. (related to bug 1801) Added initValues to achieve the similar functionality if needed.
Fixed error in msAddImageSymbol() where a symbol's imagepath was not set (bug 1832).
Added INCLUDE capability in mapfile parser (bug 279)
Revert changes to mapzoom.i that swapped miny and maxy (Bug 1817).
MapScript (swig) creation of an outputFormatObj will now set the inmapfile flag so that it gets written out to saved maps by default (Bug 1816).
Converted GEOS support to use the GEOS C-API (versiopn 2.2.2 and higher). Wrapped remaining relevant GEOS functionality and exposed via SWIG-based MapScript.
If a layer has wms_timedefault metadata, make sure it is applied even if there is no TIME= item in the url. (Bug 1810)
Support for GEOS/ICONV/XML2 use flags in Java Makefile.in (related to bug 1801)
Missing GEOS support caused heap corruption using shapeObj C# on linux (Bug 1801)
Fix time filter propogation for raster layers to their tileindex layers. New code in maprasterquery.c (bug 1809)
Added logic to collect LD_SHARED even if PHP not requested in configure.
Fix problems with msio/rfc16 stuff on windows. Don't depend on comparing function pointers or "stdio" handles. (mapio.c, mapio.h, msio.i)
Support WMC Min/Max scale in write mode (bug 1581)
Fixed leak of shapefile handles (shp/shx/dbf) on tiled layers (bug 1802)
Added webObj constructor and destructor to swig interface with calls to initWeb and freeWeb (bug 1798).
mapows.c: ensure msOWSDispatch() is always available even if there are no services to dispatch. This makes mapscript binding easier.
FLTAddToLayerResultCache wasn't properly closing the layer after it was done with it.
Added ability to encrypt tokens (passwords, etc.) in database connection strings (MS-RFC-18, bug 1792)
Fixed zoomRectangle in mapscript: miny and maxy were swapped, making it impossible to zoom by rect; also the error message was referring to the wrong rect. There were no open issues on bugzilla. Reverted because of 1817.
Implementation of RFC 16 mapio services (bug 1788).
Use lp->layerinfo for OGR connections (instead of ogrlayerinfo) (bug 331)
Support treating POLYGONZ as MS_SHAPE_POLYGON. (bug 1784)
Complete support for international languages in Java Mapscript (bug 1753)
Output feature id as @fid instead of @gml:id in WFS 1.0.0 / GML 2.1.2 GetFeature requests (bug 1759)
Allow use of wms/ows_include_items and wms/ows_exclude_items to control which items to output in text/plain GetFeatureInfo. Making the behavior of this INFO_FORMAT consistent with the new behavior of GML GetFeatureInfo output introduced in v4.8. (bug 1761) IMPORTANT NOTE: With this change if the *_include_items metadata is not specified for a given layer then no items are output for that layer (previous behavior was to always all items by default in text/plain)
Make sure mappostgis.c closes MYCURSOR in layer close function so that CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER works properly. (bug 1757)
Support large (>2GB) raster files relative to SHAPEPATH. (bug 1748)
Set User-Agent in HTTP headers of client WMS/WFS connections (bug 1749)
Detection of os-dependent Java headers for Java mapscript (bug 1209)
Preventing to take ownership of the memory when constructing objects with parent objects using C# mapscript (causing nullreference exception, Bug 1743)
SWF: Adding format option to turn off loading movies automatically (Bug 1696)
Fixed FP exception in mapgd.c when pixmap symbol 'sizey' not set (bug 1735)
Added config file for mapping the library file so the DllImport is looking for to its unix equivalent (Bug 1596) Thanks to Scott Ellington
Added /csharp/Makefile.in for supporting the creation of Makefile during configuration with MONO/Linux (fix for bug 1595 and 1597)
Added C# typemaps for char** and outputFormatObj**
Support for dispatching multiple error messages to the MapScript interface (bug 1704).
Fix inter-tile "cracking" problem (Bug 1715).
OGC FILTER: Correct bug when generating an sql expression containing an escape character.
Allow a user to set a PROCESSING directive for an SDE layer to specify using the attributes or spatial index first. (bug 1708).
Cheap and easy way of fudging the boundary extents for msSDEWhichShapes in the case where the rectangle is really a point (bug 1699).
Implement QUANTIZE options for GD/PNG driver (Bug 1690, Bug 1701).
WMS: Publish the GetStyles operation in the capabilities document.
PHP_MAPSCRIPT: Add antialias parameter in the style object (Bug 1685)
WFS: Add the possiblity to set wfs_maxfeatures to 0 (Bug 1678)
SLD: set the default color on the style when using default settings in PointSymbolizer. (bug 1681)
Incorporate range coloring support for rasters (bug 1673)
Fixed mapthread.c looking for the unix compiler symbol rather than just testing whether or not _WIN32 is defined for the usage of posix threads because unix is not defined on compilers like GCC 4.0.1 for OS X.
Fixed the fuzzy brush support so that the transition between 1 pixel aa lines and brushes is less obvious. The old code would not allow for a 3x3 fuzzy brush to be built. (bug 1659)
Added missing mapscript function msConnPoolCloseUnreferenced() (bug 1661) We need to make conn. pooling handling transparent to mapscript users so that they do not have to call this function once in a while, for instance by creating an evictor thread.
Added calls to msSetup/msCleanup() at MapScript load/unload time (bug 1665)
Reorganized nmake.opt to be more focused on functionality groups rather than the propensity of a section to be edited. Default values are now all set to be pointed at the MapServer Build Kit, which can be obtained at http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/
configure.in/Makefile.in: Use PROJ_LIBS instead of PROJ_LIB. PROJ_LIB is sometimes defined in the environment, but points to $prefix/share/proj not the proj link libraries.
Update Web Map Context to 1.1.0, add the dimension support. (bug 1581)
Support SLD body in context document. (bug 887)
When generating an ogc filter for class regex expressions, use the backslah as the default escape character (Bug 1637)
Add connectiontype initialization logic when the layer's virtual table is initialized (Bug 1615)
Added modulus operator to mapparser.y.
Added new support for [item...] tag in CGI-based templates (bug 1636)
Reverted behaviour to pre-1.61: do not allow for use of the FILTERITEM attribute (bug 1629)
Treat classindex as an int instead of a char in resultCacheMemberObj to prevent problems with more than 128 classes (bug 1633)
WMS : SLD / stretch images when using FE (Bug 1627)
Add gml:lineStringMember in GML2 MultiLineString geometry (bug 1569).
PHP : add shape->sontainsshape that uses geos lib (Bug 1623).
Move gBYTE_ORDER inside the pg layerinfo structure to allow for differently byte ordered connections (bug 1587).
Fix the memory allocation bug in sdeShapeCopy (Bug 1606)
Fixed OGR WKT support (Bug 1614).
Added shapeObj::toWkt() and ms_shapeObjFromWkt() to PHP MapScript (bug 1466)
Finished implementation of OGR Shape2WKT function (Bug 1614).
Detect/add -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF in configure script and prevent systematic buffer overflow in imagemap code when vsnprintf() not available (bug 1613)
Default layer->project to MS_TRUE even if no projection is set, to allow geotransforms (nonsquare pixels, etc) to be applied (bug 1645).
Force stdin into binary mode on win32 when reading post bodies. (bug 1768)
Version 4.8.0-rc2 (2006-01-09)
- Commit fix for GD on win32 when different heaps are in use. (Bug 1513)
- Correct bound reprojection issue with ogc filer (Bug 1600)
- Correct mapscript windows build problem when flag USE_WMS_SVR was not set (Bug 1529)
- Fix up allocation of the SDE ROW_ID columns and how the functions that call it were using it. (bug 1605)
- Fixed crash with 3D polygons in Oracle Spatial (bug 1593)
Version 4.8.0-rc1 (2005-12-22)
- Fixed shape projection to recompute shape bounds. (Bug 1586)
- Fixed segfault when copying/removing styles via MapScript. (Bug 1565)
- Fixed segfault when doing attribute queries on layers with a FILTER already set but with no FILTERITEM.
Version 4.8.0-beta3 (2005-12-16)
- Initialize properly variable in php mapscript (Bug 1584)
- New support for pseudo anti-aliased fat lines using brushes with variable transparency.
- Arbitrary rotation support for vector symbols courtesy of Map Media.
- Support for user-defined mime-types for CGI-based browse and legend templates (bug 1518).
- mapraster.c: Allow mapresample.c code to be called even if projections are not set on the map or layer object. This is no longer a requirement. (Bug 1562)
- Fix problem with WMS 1.1.1 OGC test problem with get capabilites dtd (Bug 1576)
- PDF : adding dash line support (Bug 492)
- Fixed configure/build problem (empty include dir) when iconv.h is not found (bug 1419)
- PDF : segfault on annotation layer when no style is set (Bug 1559)
- PostGIS layer test cases and fix for broken views and sub-selects (bug 1443).
- SDE: Removed (commented out) support for SDE rasters at this time. As far as I know, I'm the only one to ever get it to work, it hasn't kept up with the connection pooling stuff we did, and its utility is quite limited in comparison to regular gdal-based raster support (projections, resampling, etc) (HB - bug 1560).
- SDE: Put msSDELayerGetRowIDColumn at the top of mapsde.c so things would compile correctly. This function is not included (or necessary) in the rest of the MS RFC 3 layer virtualization at this time.
- WFS : TYPENAME is manadatory for GetFeature request (Bug 1554).
- SLD : error parsing font parameters with the keyword "normal" (Bug 1552)
- mapgraticule.c: Use MIN/MAXINTERVAL value when we define grid position and interval (bug 1530)
- mapdrawgdal.c: Fix bug with nodata values not in the color table when rendering some raster layers (bug 1541).
- mapogcsld.c : If a RULE name is not given, set the class name to "Unknown" (Bug 1451)
Version 4.8.0-beta2 (2005-11-23)
- Use dynamic allocation for ellipse symbol's STYLE array, avoiding the static limitation on the STYLE argument values. (bug 1539)
- Fix bug in mapproject.c when splitting over the horizon lines.
- Fix Tcl mapscript's getBytes method (bug 1533).
- Use mapscript.i in-place when building Ruby mapscript, copying not necessary (bug 1528).
- Expose maximum lengths of layer, class, and style arrays in mapscript (bug 1522).
- correct msGetVersion to indicate if mapserver was build with MYGIS support.
- Fixed hang in msProjectRect() for very small rectangles due to round off problems (bug 1526).
Version 4.8.0-beta1 (2005-11-04)
Bug 1509: Fixed bounding box calculation in mapresample.c. The bottom right corner was being missed in the calculation.
MS RFC 2: added OGR based shape<->WKT implementation.
mapgdal.c: fixed some mutex lock release issues on error conditions.
MS RFC 8: External plugin layer providers (bug 1477)
SLD : syntax error when auto generating external symbols (Bug 1508).
MS RFC 3: Layer vtable architecture (bug 1477)
wms time : correct a problem when hadling wms times with tile index rasters (bug 1506).
WMS TIME : Add suuport for multiple interval extents (Bug 1498)
Removed deprecated --with-php-regex-dir switch (bug 1468)
support wms_attribution element for LAYER's (Bug 1502)
Correct php/mapscript bug : initialization of scale happens when preparequery is called (Bug 1334).
msProjectShape() will now project the lines it can, but completely delete lines that cannot be projected properly and "NULL" the shape if there are no lines left. (Bug 411)
Expose msLayerWhichShapes and msLayerNextShape in MapScript. (bug 1481)
Added support to MapScript to change images in a previously defined symbol. (bug 1471)
mapogcfiler.c : bug 1490. Crash when size of sld filters was huge.
Fixed --enable-point-z-m fix in configure.in (== -> =) (bug 1485).
Extra scalebar layer creation is prevented with a typo fix in mapscale.c. Good catch, Tamas (bug 1480).
- mapwmslayer.c : use transparency set at the layer level on wms client
layers (Bug 1458)
mapresample.c: added BILINEAR/AVERAGE resampling options.
mapfile.c: avoid tail recursion in freeFeatureList().
maplegend.c: fixed leak of imageObj when embedding legends.
msGDALCleanup(): better error handler cleanup.
Modified msResetErrorList() to free the last error link too, to ensure msCleanup() scrubs all error related memory.
Fix in msGetGDALGetTransform() to use default geotransform even if GDALGetGeoTransform() fails but alters the geotransform array.
Typemaps for C# to enable imageObj.getBytes() method (bug 1389).
Enable -DUSE_ZLIB via configure for compressed SVG output (bug 1307).
maputil.c/msAddLine(): rewrite msAddLine() to call msAddLineDirectly, and use realloc() in msAddLineDirectly() to optimize growth of shapeObjs. (bug 1432)
msTmpFile: ensure counter is incremented to avoid duplicate temporary filenames. (bug 1312)
SLD external graphic symbol format tests now for mime type like image/gif instead of just GIF. (bug 1430)
Added support for OGR layers to use SQL type filers (bug 1292)
mapio/cgiutil - fixed POST support in fastcgi mode. (bug 1259)
mapresample.c - ensure that multi-band raw results can be resampled. (bug 1372)
Add support in OGC FE for matchCase attribute on PropertyIsEqual and PropertyIsLike (bug 1416)
Fixed sortshp.c to free shapes after processing to avoid major memory leak. (bug 1418)
fixed msHTTPInit() not ever being called which prevented msHTTPCleanup() from properly cleaning up cUrl with curl_global_cleanup(). (bug 1417)
mapsde.c: add thread locking in msSDELCacheAdd
fixed mappool.c so that any thread can release a connection, not just it's allocator. (bug 1402)
mapthread.c/h: Added TLOCK_SDE and TLOCK_ORACLE - not used yet.
Fixed copying of layer and join items. (bug 1403)
Fixed copying of processing directives within copy of a layer. (bug 1399)
Problems with string initialization. (bug 1312)
Fix svg output for multipolygons. (bug 1390)
Added querymapObj to PHP MapScript (bug 535)
Version 4.6.0 (2005-06-14)
- Bug 1163 : Filter Encoding spatial operator is Intersects and not Intersect.
- Fixed GEOS to shapeObj for multipolgon geometries.
Version 4.6.0-rc1 (2005-06-09)
- Bug 1375: Fixed seg fault in mapscript caused by the USE_POINT_Z_M flag. This flag was not carried to the mapscript Makefile(s).
- Bug 1367: Fixed PHP MapScript's symbolObj->setPoints() to correctly set symbolObj->sizex/sizey
- Bug 1373: Added $layerObj->removeClass() to PHP MapScript (was already in SWIG MapScript)
Version 4.6.0-beta3 (2005-05-27)
- Bug 1298 : enable Attribution element in wms Capabilities XML
- Bug 1354: Added a regex wrapper, allowing MapServer to build with PHP compiled with its builtin regex
- Bug 1364: HTML legend templates: support [if] tests on "group_name" in leg_group_html blocks, and for "class_name" in leg_class_html blocks.
- Bug 1149: From WMS 1.1.1, SRS are given in individual tags in root Layer element.
- First pass at properly handling XML exceptions from CONNECTIONTYPE WMS layers. Still needs some work. (bug 1246)
- map.h/mapdraw.c: removed MAX/MIN macros in favour of MS_MAX/MS_MIN.
- Bug 1341, 1342 : Parse the unit parameter for DWithin filter request. Set the layer tolerance and toleranceunit with paramaters parsed.
- Bug 1277 : Support of multiple logical operators in Filter Encoding.
- mapwcs.c: If msDrawRasterLayerLow() fails, ensure that the error message is posted as a WCS exception.
- Added experimental support for "labelcache_map_edge_buffer" metadata to define a buffer area with no labels around the edge of a map (bug 1353)
Version 4.6.0-beta2 (2005-05-11)
- Bug 179 : add a small buffer around the cliping rectangle to avoid lines around the edges.
- Finished code to convert back and forth between GEOS geometries. Buffer and convex hull operations are exposed in mapscript.
- fontset.fonts hash now exposed in mapscript (bug 1345).
- Bug 1336 : Retreive distance value for DWithin filter request done with line and polygon shapes/
- Bug 985 / 1015: Don't render raster layers as classified if none of the classes has an expression set (gdal renderer only).
- Bug 1344: Fixed several issues in writing of inline SYMBOLS when saving mapfile (missing quotes around CHARACTER and other string members of SYMBOL object, check for NULLs, and write correct identifiers for POSITION, LINECAP and LINEJOIN).
Version 4.6.0-beta1 (2005-04-26)
Bug 1305: Added support for gradient coloring in class styles
Bug 1335 : missing call to msInitShape in function msQueryByShape
Bug 804 : SWF output : Make sure that the layer index is consistent when saving movies if some of the layers are not drawn (because the status is off or out of scale ...)
Bug 1332 - shptreevis.c: fixed setting of this_rec, as the output dbf file was not getting any records at all.
Fixed Makefile.vc to make .exe files depend on the DLL, so if the DLL fails to build, things will stop. Avoids the need for unnecessary cleans on win32. Also fixed the rule for MS_VERSION for mapscriptvars.
Bug 1262 : the SERVICE parameter is now required for wms and wfs GetCapbilities request. It is not required for other WMS requests. It is required for all WFS requests.
Bug 1302 : the wfs/ows_service parameter is not used any more. The service is always set to WFS for WFS layers.
Bug 791: initialize some fields in msDBFCreate() - avoids crashes in some circumstances.
Bug 1329 : Apply sld named layer on all layers of the same group
Bug 1328 : support style's width parameter for line and polygon layers.
Bug 564: Fixed old problem with labels occasionally drawn upside down
Bug 1325: php mapscript function $class->settext needs only 1 argument.
Bug 1319: Fixed mutex creation (was creator-owned) in mapthread.c. win32 issue only.
Bug 1103: Set the default tolerance value based on the layer type. The default is now 3 for point and line layers and 0 for all the others.
Bug 1244: Removing Z and M parameter from pointObj by default. A new compilation option is available to active those option --enable-point-z-m. This gives an overall performance gain around 7 to 10%.
Bug 1225: MapServer now requires GD 2.0.16 or more recent
MapScript: shapeObj allocates memory for 4 value strings, shapeObj.setValue() lets users set values of a shapeObj.
MapScript: imageObj.getBytes() replaces imageObj.write() (bugs 1176, 1064).
Bug 1308: Correction of SQL expression generated on wfs filters for postgis/oracle layers.
Bug 1304: Avoid extra white space in gml:coordinates for gml:Box.
mapogr.c: Insure that tile index reading is restarted in msOGRLayerInitItemInfo() or else fastcgi repeat requests for a layer may fail on subsequent renders.
- mapogr.c: Set a real OGRPolygon spatial filter, not just an OGRLinearRing.
Otherwise GEOS enabled OGR builds will do expensive, and incorrect Intersects() tests.
mapogr.cpp / mapprimitive.c: Optimize msAddLine() and add msAddLineDirectly()
mapprimitive.c: Optimizations in msTransformShapeToPixel() (avoid division)
map.h: Made MS_NINT inline assembly for win32, linux/i86.
mapprimitive.c: optimized msClipPolygonRect and msClipPolylineRect for case where the shape is completely inside the clip rect.
Add support for SVG output. See Bug 1281 for details.
Bug 1231: use mimetype "image/png; mode=24bits" for 24bit png format. This makes it seperately selectable by WMS.
Bug 1206: Applied locking patch for expression parser for rasters.
Bug 1273: Fixed case in msProjectPoint() were in or out are NULL and a failure occurs to return NULL. Fixed problem of WMS capabilities with 'inf' in it.
SLD generation bug 1150 : replacing <AND> tag to <ogc:And>
Fixed bug 1118 in msOWSGetLayerExtent() (mapows.c).
Fixed ogcfilter bug #1252
Turned all C++ (//) comments into C comments (bug 1238)
mapproject.h/configure.in: Don't check for USE_PROJ_API_H anymore. Assume we have a modern PROJ.4.
Bug 839: Fix memory leak of font name in label cache (in mapfile.c).
Added msForceTmpFileBase() and mapserv -tmpbase switch to allow overriding temporary file naming conventions. Mainly intended to make writing testscripts using mapserv easier. FrankW.
maporaclespatil.c: Bug fix for: #1109, #1110, #1111, #1112, #1136, #1210, #1211, #1212, #1213. Support for compound polygons, fixed internal sql to stay more accurate for geodetic data, added the support for getextent function. Added VERSION token for layer data string.
mapimagemap.c: Preliminary implementation of support for emitting MS_SYMBOL_VECTOR symbols in msDrawMarkerSymbolIM().
Bug 1204: Added multi-threading support in mapthread.c. List of connections is managed within a mutex lock, and connections are only allowed to be used by one thread at a time.
Bug 1185 : php/mapscript : add constant MS_GD_ALPHA
Bug 1173: In HTML legend, added opt_flag support for layer groups.
Bug 1179: added --with-warnings configure switch, overhauled warning logic.
Bug 1168: Improve autoscaling through classification rounding issues.
Fixed bug writing RGB/RGBA images via GDAL output on bigendian systems.
Bug 1152 : Fix WMS style capabilities output for FastCGI enabled builds.
Bug 1135 : Added support for rotating labels with the map if they were rendered with some particular angle already.
Bug 1143 : Missing call to msInitShape.
Fixed PHP5 support for windows : Bug 1100.
Correct bug 1151 : generates twice a </Mark> tag when generating an SLD. This was happening the style did not have a size set.
Oracle Spatial. Fixed problem with LayerClose function. Added token NONE for DATA statement. Thanks Valik with the hints about the LayerClose problem and Francois with the hints about NONE token.
numpoints and stylelength memebers of the symbol object needs to be in sync with the low level values after calles to setpoints ans setstyle (Bug 1137).
Use doubles instead of integers in function php3_ms_symbol_setPoints (Bug 1137).
Change the output of the expression when using a wild card for PropertyIsLike (Bug 1107).
Delete temporary sld file created on disk (Bug 1123)
Fixed msFreeFileCtx() to call free() instead of gdFree() as per bug 1125. Also renamed gdFreeFileCtx() to msFreeFileCtx().
Ensure error stack is cleared before accepting another call in FastCGI mode in mapserv.c. Bug 1122
Support translation of all geometry types to points in mapogr.cpp (now also supports multipolygon, multilinestring and geometrycollection. bug 1124.
Added support for passing OGR layer FILTER queries down to OGR via the SetAttributeFilter() method if prefixed with WHERE keyword. Bug 1126.
Fixed support for SIZEUNITS based scaling of text when map is rotated. Bug 1127.
Version 4.4.0 (2004-11-29)
- Fixed WMS GetCapabilities 1.1.0 crash when wms_style_<...>_legendurl_* metadata were used (bug 1096)
- WCS GetCapabilities : Added ResponsibleParty support.
- WMS GetCapabilities : Service online resource was not url encoded (bug 1093)
- Fixed php mapscript problem with wfs_filter selection : Bug 1092.
- Fixed encoding problem with WFS server when wfs_service_onlineresource was not explicitly specified (bug 1082)
- Add trailing "?" or "&" to connection string when required in WFS client layers using GET method (bug 1082)
- Fixed : SLD rasters was failing when there was Spatial Filter (Bug 1087)
- Fixed mapwfslayer.c build error when WFS was not enabled (bug 1083)
- Check that we have vsnprintf in mapimagemap.c before using it.
Version 4.4.0-beta3 (2004-11-22)
Added tests to mimimize the threat of recursion problems when evaluating LAYER REQUIRES or LABELREQUIRES expressions. Note that via MapScript it is possible to circumvent that test by defining layers with problems after running prepareImage. Other things crop up in that case too (symbol scaling dies) so it should be considered bad programming practice (bug 1059).
Added --with-sderaster configure option.
Make sure that msDrawWMSLayerLow calls msDrawLayer instead of msDrawRasterLayerLow directly ensuring that some logic (transparency) that are in msDrawLayer are applied (bug 541).
Force GD/JPEG outputFormatObjects to IMAGEMODE RGB and TRANSPARENT OFF if they are RGBA or ON. Makes user error such as in bug 1703 less likely.
Advertize only gd and gdal formats for wms capabilities (bug 455).
Pass config option GML_FIELDTYPES=ALWAYS_STRING to OGR so that all GML attributes are returned as strings to MapServer. This is most efficient and prevents problems with autodetection of some attribute types (bug 1043).
msOGCWKT2ProjectionObj() now uses the OGRSpatialReference::SetFromUserInput() method. This allows various convenient setting options, including the ability to handle ESRI WKT by prefixing the WKT string with "ESRI::".
Fixed GetLegendGraphic in WMS Capabilities that were missing the '?' or '&' separator if it was not included in wms_onlineresource (bug 1065).
Updated WMS/WFS client and server code to lookup "ows_*" metadata names in addition to the default "wms_*" (or "wfs_*") metadatas (WCS was already implemented this way). This reduces the amount of duplication in mapfiles that support multiple OGC interfaces since "ows_*" metadata can be used almost everywhere for common metadata items shared by multiple OGC interfaces (bug 568).
Added ows_service_onlineresource metadata for WMS/WFS to distinguish between service and GetMap/Capabilities onlineresources (bug 375).
Added map->setSize() to PHP MapScript (bug 1066).
Re-enabled building PHP MapScript using PHP's bundled regex/*.o. This is needed to build in an environment with PHP configured as an Apache DSO (bugs 990, 520).
Fixed problem with raster dither support on windows (related to ascii encoding pointers) (bug 722).
Moved PHP/SWIG MapScript layer->getExtent() logic down to msLayerGetExtent() to avoid code duplication (bug 1051).
Added SDE Raster drawing support (experimental).
HTML legends: Added [leg_header_html] and [leg_footer_html] (bug 1032).
Added "z" support in SWIG MapScript for pointObj (bug 871).
In PHP Mpascript when using ms_newrectobj, the members minx, miny, maxx, maxy are initialized to -1 (bug 788).
Write out proper world file with remote WMS result, it was off by half a pixel (bug 1050).
Send a warning in the wms capabilities if the layer status is set to default (bug 638).
Fixed PHP MapScript compile warnings: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules (bug 1053).
Added $layer->isVisible() to PHP MapScript (bug 539).
Ported $layer->getExtent() to PHP MapScript (bug 826).
wms_group_abstract can now be used in the capabilities (bug 754).
If wms_stylelist is an empty string, do not output the <StyleList> tag for MapContexts (bug 595).
Avoid passing FILE* to GD library by utilizing GD's gdIOCtx interface (bug 1047).
Output warning in wms/wfs capabilities document if layer,group,map names have space in them (bug 486, bug 646).
maporaclespatial.c: fixed declarations problems (bug 1044).
Allow use of msOWSPrintURLType with no metadata. In this case the default parameters will be used (bug 1001).
Ensure the outputFormatObj attached to msImageLoadGDStream() results reflect the interlacedness of the loaded image. Also ensure that the RGB PNG reference images work (make imagemode match gdImg) (bug 1039).
Fixed support for non-square pixels in WCS (bug 1014).
Expose only GD formats for GetLegendGraphic in the capabilities (bug 1001).
Check for supported formats when process a GetLegendGraphic request (bug 1030).
mapraster.c: fixed problem with leaks in tileindexed case where the tile index is missing (bug 713).
Oracle Spatial: implemented connection pool support for Oracle Spatial. New layer data parameters to support query functions, added "using unique <column name>". Added "FILTER", "RELATE" and "GEOMRELATE" parameters, now permit users to choose the Oracle Spatial Filter. Modified the internal SQL to always apply FILTER function. And improve the Oracle Spatial performance.
Centralize "stdout binary mode setting" for win32 in msIO_needBinaryStdout(). Use it when writing GDAL files to stdout in mapgdal.c. Fixes problems with output of binary files from GDAL outputformat drivers on win32 via WMS/WCS.
MapServer now provides one default style named (default), title and LegendURL when generating capabilities. Added also the possibility to use the keyword default for STYLES parameter when doing a GetMap (..&STYLES=default,defeault,...) (bug 1001).
Add xlink:type="simple" in WMS MetadataURL (bug 1027).
Version 4.4.0-beta2 (2004-11-03)
- free mapServObj properly in mapserv.c in OWS dispatch case to fix minor memory leaks.
- modified msCloseConnections() to also close raster layers so that held raster query results will be freed.
- modified raster queries to properly set the classindex in the resultcache.
- modified msDrawQueryCache() to be very careful to not try and lookup information on out-of-range classindex values. This seems to occur when default shapes come back witha classindex of 0 even if there are no classes. (ie. raster query results).
- the loadmapcontext function has changed it behaviour. Before the 4.4 relase when loading layers from a map context, the layer name was built using a unique prefix + the name found in the context (eg for the 2nd layer in map context named park, the layer name generated would possibly be l:2:park). Now the loadmapcontext takes a 2nd optional argument to force the creation of the unique names. The default behaviour is now to have the layer name equals to the name found in the context file (bug 1023).
- Fixed problem with WMS GetCapabilities aborting when wms_layer_group is used for some layers but not for all (bug 1024).
- Changed raster queries to return the list of all pixel values as an attribute named "value_list" rather than "values" to avoid conflict with special [values] substitution rule in maptemplate.c.
- Fixed raster queries to reproject results back to map projection, and to do point queries distance checking against the correct projection (bug 1021).
- Get rid of WMS 1.0.8 support. It's not an officially supported verison of the spec anyway: it's synonymous for 1.1.0 (bug 1022).
- Allow use of '=' inside HTML template tag parser (bug 978).
- Use metadata ows_schema_location for WMS/WFS/WCS/SLD (bugs 999, 1013, 938). The default value if metadata is not found is http://schemas.opengeospatial.net.
- Generate a RULE <Name> tag when generating an SLD (bug 1010).
- WMS GetLegendGraphic uses now the RULE value to return an icon for a class that has the same name as the RULE value (bug 843).
- Add msOWSPrintURLType: This funciton is a generic URL printing fuction for OGC specification metadata (WMS, WFS, WCS, WMC, etc.) (bug 944).
- Support MetadataURL, DataURL and LegendURL tags in WMS capabilities document and MetadataURL in WFS capabilities.
- SWIG mapscript: clone methods for layerObj, classObj, styleObj (bug 1012).
- Implemented an intarray helper class for SWIG mapscript which allows for multi-language manipulation of layer drawing order (bugs 853, 1005).
- Fixed WMS GetLegendGraphic which was returning an exception (GD error) when requested layer was out of scale (bug 1006).
- Fixed maplexer.l to work with flex 2.5.31 (bug 975).
- WMS GetMap requests now have MS_NONSQUARE enabled by default. This means that if the width/height ratio doesn't match the extent's x/y ratio then the map is stretched as stated in the WMS specification (bug 862).
- In WMS, layers with no explicit projection defined will receive a copy of the map's projectionObj if a new SRS is specified in the GetMap request or if MS_NONSQUARE is enabled. This will prevent the problem with layers that don't show up in WMS request when the server administrator forgets to explicitly set projections on all the layers in a WMS mapfile (bug 947).
- Implemented FastCGI cleanup support for win32 and unix in mapserv.c.
- Solved configure/compile issues with libiconv (bugs 909, 1017).
Version 4.4.0-beta1 (2004-10-21)
- "shared" compilation target now supports some kind of versioning, should at least prevent libmap.so version collisions when upgrading MapServer on a server (bug 982).
- When no RULE parameter has been specified in the WMS request a legend should be returned with all classes for the specified LAYER. Changes has been made in mapwms.c (bug 653). Also if the SCALE parameter is provided in the WMS request is will be used to determine whether the legend of the specified layer should be drawn in the case that the layer is scale dependant (big 809).
- Nested layers in the capabilities are supported by using a new metadata tag WMS_LAYER_GROUP (bug 776).
- Added greyscale+alpha render support if mapdrawgdal.c (bug 965).
- Added --with-fastcgi support to configure.
- support OGC mapcontext through mapserver cgi (bug 946).
- support for reading 3d shape file (z) (bug 869).
- add php mapscript functions to expose the z element (bug 870).
- imageObj::write() method for SWIG mapscript (bug 941).
- Protect users from 3 potential sources of threading problems: parsing expression strings outside of msLoadMap, evaluating mapserver logical expressions, and loading symbol set files outside of msLoadMap (bug 339).
- Various fixes allowing unit tests to run leak free under valgrind on i686. Memory is now properly freed when exiting from common error states (bug 927).
- Restored ability to render transparent (indexed or alpha) pixmap symbols on RGB map images, including annotation layers and embedded scalebars. This feature remains OFF by default for map layers and is enabled by specifying TRANSPARENCY ALPHA (bugs 926, 490).
- mapserv_fcgi.c removed. Committed new comprehensive FastCGI support.
- New mapserver exceptions for Java mapscript thanks to Umberto Nicoletti (bug 895).
- Removed mapindex.c, mapindex.h, shpindex.c components of old unused shapefile indexing method.
- Use the symbol size instead of 1 for the default style size value. This is done by setting the default size to -1 and adding msSymbolGetDefaultSize() everywhere to get the default symbolsize (Bug 751).
- Correct Bug with GML BBOX output when using a <Filter> with a GetFeature request (Bug 913).
- Encode all metadatas and mapfile parameters outputed in a xml document (Bug 802).
- Implement the ENCODING label parameter to support internationalization. Note this require the iconv library (Bug 858).
- New and improved Java mapscript build provided by email@example.com and examples by Y.K. Choo (bug 876).
- MapContext: Cleanup code to make future integration more easily and output SRS and DataURL in the order required by the spec.
- Fixed issue with polygon outline colors and brush caching (bug 868).
- New C# mapscript makefiles and examples provided by Y.K. Choo <firstname.lastname@example.org> committed under mapscript/csharp/ (bug 867).
- Renamed 'string' member of labelCacheMemberObj to 'text' to avoid conflicts in SWIG mapscript with C# and Java types (bug 852).
- Fixed Bug 866 : problem when generating an sld on a pplygon layer
- SWIG mapscript: map's output image width and height should be set simultaneously using new mapObj::setSize() method. This performs necessary map geotransform computation. Direct setting of map width and height is deprecated (bug 836).
- Fixed bug 832 (validate srs value) : When the SRS parameter in a GetMap request contains a SRS that is valid for some, but not all of the layers being requested, then the server shall throw a Service Exception (code = "InvalidSRS"). Before this fix, mapserver use to reproject the layers to the requested SRS.
- Fixed bug 834: SE_ROW_ID in SDE not initialized for unregistered SDE tables
- Fixed bug 823 : adding a validation of the SRS parameter when doing a GetMap request on a wms server. Here is the OGC statement : 'When the SRS parameter in a GetMap request contains a SRS that is valid for some, but not all of the layers being requested, then the server shall throw a Service Exception (code = "InvalidSRS").'
- Set the background color of polygons or circles when using transparent PIXMAP symbol.
- SWIG mapscript class extensions are completely moved from mapscript.i into separate interface files under mapscript/swiginc.
- Overhaul of mapscript unit testing framework with a comprehensive test runner mapscript/python/tests/runtests.py.
- Modified the MS_VALID_EXTENT macro to take an extent as its argument instead of the quartet of members. MapServer now checks that extents input through the mapfile are valid in mapfile.c (web, map, reference, and layer). Modified msMapSetExtent in mapobject.c to use the new macro instead of its home-grown version. Modified all cases that used MS_VALID_EXTENT to the new use case.
- Layers now accept an EXTENT through the mapfile (bug 786). Nothing is done with it at this point, and getExtent still queries the datasource rather than getting information from the mapfile-specified extent.
- Fixed problem with WMS GetFeatureInfo when map was reprojected. Was a problem with msProjectRect and zero-size search rectangles (bug 794)
- MapServer version now output to mapscriptvars and read by Perl Makefile.PL and Python setup.py (bug 795).
- Map.web, layer, and class metadata are exposed in SWIG mapscript as first-class objects (bug 737).
- Add support for spatial filters in the SLD (Bug 782)
- A few fixes to allow php_mapscript to work with both PHP4 and PHP5. PHP5 support should still be considered experimental. (bug 718)
- Fixed SDE only recognizing SE_ROW_ID as the unique column (bug 536). The code now autosenses the unique row id column.
- Enhanced SDE support to include support for queries against user-specified versions. The version name can be specified as the last parameter of the CONNECTION string.
- Fixed automated generation of onlineresource in OWS GetCapabilities when the xxx_onlineresource metadata is not specified: the map= parameter used to be omitted and is now included in the default onlineresource if it was explicitly set in QUERY_STRING (bug 643)
- Fixed possible crash when producing WMS errors INIMAGE (bug 644)
- Fixed automated generation of onlineresource in OWS GetCapabilities when the xxx_onlineresource metadata is not specified: the map= parameter used to be omitted and is now included in the default onlineresource if it was explicitly set in QUERY_STRING (bug 643)
- Fixed an issue with annotation label overlap. There was an issue with the way msRectToPolygon was computing it's bounding box. (bug 618)
- Removed "xbasewohoo" debug output when using JOINs and fixed a few error messages related to MySQL joins (bug 652)
- Fixed "raster cracking" problem (bug 493)
- Improvements to Makefile.vc, and nmake.opt so that a mapscriptvars file can be produced on windows.
- Updated setup.py so Python MapScript builds on win32.
- Added preliminary raster query support.
- No more Python-stopping but otherwise benign errors raised from msDrawWMSLayer() (bug 650).
- Finished prototyping all MapServer functions used by SWIG-Mapscript and added 'void' to prototypes of no-arg functions, eliminating all but two SWIG-Mapscript build warnings (bug 658).
- Mapscript: resolved issue with pens and dynamic drawing of points (bug 663).
- Mapscript: fixes to tests of shape copying and new image symbols.
- Mapscript: new OWSRequest class based on cgiRequestObj structure in cgiutil.h is a first step to allow programming with MapServer's OWS dispatching (bug 670).
- Mapscript: styles member of classObj structure is no longer exposed to SWIG (bug 611).
- Implementation geotransform/rotation support in cgi core, and mapscript.i.
- Testing: fixed syntax error, 'EPSG' -> 'epsg' in test.map (bug 687). Added an embedded scalebar which demonstrates that bug 519 is fixed. The test data package is also made more complete by including two fonts from Bitstream's open Vera fonts (bug 694).
- Mapscript (SWIG): remove promote and demote methods from layerObj. Use of container's moveLayerUp/moveLayerDown is better, and this brings the module nearer to PHP-Mapscript (bug 692).
- mapogr.cpp: Now echos CPLGetLastErrorMsg() results if OGR open fails.
- mapraster.c: fixed tile index corruption problem (bug 698)
- Mladen Turk's map copying macros in mapcopy.h clean up map cloning and allow for copying of fontset and symbolset. Added cloning tests in python/tests/testCloneMap.py and refactored testing suite (bugs 640 & 701).
- Mapscript: removing obsolete python/setup_wnone.py file.
- CONFIG MS_NONSQUARE YES now enables non-square pixel mode (mostly for WMS). Changes in mapdraw.c (msDrawMap()) to use the geotransform "hack" to allow non-square pixels.
- When using the text/html mime type in a GetFeature request, if the layer's template is not set to a valid file, errors occur. Correction is : the text/html is not advertized by default and will only be advertized if the user has defined "WMS_FEATURE_INFO_MIME_TYPE" "text/html" (bug 736)
- Make PHP MapScript's layer->open() produce a PHP Warning instead of a Fatal error (bug 742)
- MapServer hash tables are now a structure containing a items pointer to hashObj. See maphash.h for new prototypes of hash table functions. In SWIG mapscript, Map, Layer, and Class metadata are now instances of the new hashTableObj class. fontset.fonts and Map.configoptions are also instances of hashTableObj. The older getMetaData/setMetaData and metadata iterator methods can be deprecated (bug 737).
- Mapscript-SWIG: made the arguments of mapObj and layerObj constructors optional. A layerObj can now exist outside of a map and can be added to a mapObj using the insertLayer method. mapObj.removeLayer now returns a copy of the removed Layer rather than an integer (bug 759).
- Fixed $map->processTemplate() which was always returning NULL. Bug introduced in version 4.0 in all flavours of MapScript (bug 410)
Version 4.2-beta1 (2004-04-17)
- Added support for WMS 1.1.1 in the WMS interface.
- Added support for WMS-SLD in client and server mode.
- Added support for attribute filters in the WFS interface.
- WMS Interface: several fixes to address issues found in running tests against the OGC testsuite. One of the side-effects is that incomplete GetMap requests that used to work in previous versions will produce errors now (see bug 622).
- Modified configure scripts to be able to configure/build PHP MapScript using an installed PHP instead of requiring the full source tree.
- Added ability to combine multiple WMS connections to the same server into a single request when the layers are adjacent and compatible. (bug 116)
- Support POSTed requests without Content-Length set.
- Added support for proper classification of non-8bit rasters.
- Added support for BYTE rawmode output type.
- Added support for multiple bands of output in rawmode.
- MySQL joins available
- Fixed problems with detection of OGRRegisterAll() with GDAL 1.1.9 in configure due to GDAL's library name change. Fixed a few other minor issues with GDAL/OGR in configure.
- Modified configure to disable native TIFF/PNG/JPEG/GIF support by default if GDAL is enabled. You can still enable them explicitly if you like.
- Replace wms_style_%s_legendurl, wms_logourl, wms_descriptionurl, wms_dataurl and wms_metadataurl metadata by four new metadata by metadata replaced. The new metadata are called legendurl_width, legendurl_height, legendurl_format, legendurl_href, logourl_width, etc... Old dependancy to the metadata with four value in it , space separated, are not kept.
- Implement DataURL, MetadataURL and DescriptionURL metadata in mapcontext.c (bug 523)
- PHP MapScript's pasteImage() now takes a hex color value (e.g. 0xrrggbb) for the transparent color instead of a color index. (bug 463)
- OGR data sources with relative paths are now checked relative to SHAPEPATH first, and if not found then we try again relative to the mapfile location. (bug 295)
- There is a new mapObj parameter called MAXSIZE to control maximum image size to serve via the CGI and WMS interfaces. The default is 2048 as before but it can be changed in the map file now. (bug 435)
- Added simple dataset for unit and regression tests (bug 453)
- PostGIS: added postresql_NOTICE_HANDLER() sending output via msDebug() and only when layer->debug is set (bug 418)
- Added Apache version detection in configure and added non-blocking flag on stderr in msDebug() to work around Apache 2.x bug (bug 458)
- MapScript rectObj: added optional bounding value args to constructor and extended rectObj class with a toPolygon method (bug 508).
- MapScript pointObj: added optional x/y args to constructor (bug 508).
- MapScript colorObj: added optional RGB color value args to colorObj constructor, and extended colorObj class with setRGB, setHex, and toHex methods. The hex methods use hex color strings like '#ffffff' rather than '0xffffff' for compatibility with HTML (bug 509).
- MapScript outputFormatObj: extended with a getOption method (bug 510).
- MapScript imageObj: added optional mapObj argument to the save method resolving bug 549 without breaking current API. Also added optional driver and filename arguments to constructor which allows imageObj instances to be created with a specified driver or from files on disk (bug 530). Added new code to Python MapScript which extends the filename option to Python file-like objects (bug 550). This means StringIO and urllib's network objects!
- MapScript classObj and styleObj: added a new styleObj shadow class and extended classObj with getStyle, insertStyle, and removeStyle methods. MapScript now supports multiple styles for dynamically created classes (bug 548).
- MapScript layerObj: added getExtent, getNumFeatures extension methods, allowing getShape to access inline features (bug 562).
- Added fixes for AMD64/Linux in configure (bug 565)
- Removed OGR_STATIC stuff in configure script that used to allow us to build with OGR statically by pointing to the OGR source tree. That means you can only build with OGR when installed as part of GDAL, but that's what everyone is doing these days anyway.
- Mapscript outputFormatObj: extended constructor to allow format names, and mapObj methods to append and remove output formats from the outputformatlist (bug 511).
- New SWIG mapscript development documentation in the spirit of the PHP-Mapscript readme file, but using reST (bug 576).
- Paving way for future changes to SWIG mapscript API with new features enabled by NEXT_GENERATION_API symbol (bug 586).
- Added ability to set string member variables to NULL in PHP MapScript (bug 591)
- New key iterators for map, layer, and class metadata hash tables (bug 434) and fontset fonts hash table (bug 439).
- Fixed potential crash when using nquery with a querymap enabled and some layers have a template set at the layer level instead of inside classes (bug 569).
- New CONFIG keyword in the MAP object in a .map file to be used to set external configuration parameters such as PROJ_LIB and control of some GDAL and OGR driver behaviours (bug 619)
Version 4.0 (2003-08-01)
- Fixed problem with truncated expressions (bugs 242 and 340)
- Attempt at fixing GD vs libiconv dependency problems (bug 348)
- Fixed problem with invalid BoundingBox tag in WMS capabilities (bug 34)
- Fixed problems with SIZEUNITS not working properly (bug 373)
- Fixed MacOSX configure problems for linking php_mapscript (bug 208)
- Fixed problem with reference map marker symbol not showing up (bug 378)
- Use <Keywords> in WMS 1.0.0 capabilities instead of <KeywordList> (bug 129)
- One-to-one and one-to-many joins now work for Xbase files and are available to query templates. Low level one-to-one Xbase joins are available via OGR.
Version 4.0-beta2 (2003-07-11)
- Added prototype of FastCGI support in mapserv_fcgi.c (not built by default).
- Report full error stack in the mapserv CGI and PHP MapScript (bug 346)
- Old index (.qix) format is deprecated (bug 273)
- Fixed problem with embedded legend and scalebar that would result in layers being added to the HTML legends (bug 171)
- Changed joins (XBase only at this point) over to the open-prepare-next... next-close way of doing things. Compiles fine, but needs more testing. One-to-many support should work now but it needs to be hooked into the template code yet. Last thing before a candidate 4.0 release.
- Added ability to generate images in MapScript processQueryTemplate (bug 341)
- Added saving of output formats in msSaveMap()
- Fixed problem in PHP MapScript with variables that were not dereferenced before their values were changed by the MapScript wrappers (bug 323)
- Added support for Web Map Context 1.0.0
- Treat zero-length template values as NULL so that it's possible to set("template", "") from MapScript to make layer non-queryable (bug 338)
- Ditched the shapepath argument to the shapefileObj constructor
- CARTOLINE join style default changed to MS_CJC_NONE
- Tweaked code in legend builder to handle polygon layers slightly different. Now if a polygon layer contains only outlines and no fills (i.e. a polyline) then it is drawn using the zigzag legend shape rather than the box. I'll add legend outlines back in shortly.
- Restored legend key outlines (triggered by setting OUTLINECOLOR). If an outline is requested then line symbols are clipped to the outline, otherwise lines are allowed to bleed a pixel or two beyond those boundaries- for most cases this looks fine but for fat lines it is gonna look goofy regardless. In those cases use the KEYIMAGE.
- Fixed a bug in the scanline writer so that x coordinates can be in any order when passed in to the function. (bug 336)
- Updated loadExpressionString in mapfile.c to be a bit more tolerant of input. Now if a string does not match the logical or regex pattern it is automatically cast as a string expression. Removes the need for silly quotes.
Version 4.0-beta1 (2003-06-06)
- Added imagemap outputformat, which makes possible use of client-side imagemaps in browsers.
- Added MySQL support for non-spatial OpenGIS Simple Features SQL stored data
- msQueryByShape and msQueryByFeature honor layer tolerances. In effect you can to buffered queries now. At the momoment only polygon select features are supported, but there's nothing inherent in the underlying computations that says lines won't work as well.
- Simple one-to-one joins are working again. Reworked the join code so that table connections are persistant within a join (across joins is a todo). Joins, like layers are wrapped with a connection neutral front end, that sets us up to do MySQL or whatever in addition to XBase.
- Removed shapepath argument to all layer access functions (affects MapScript). It's still used but we leverage the layer pointer back to the parent mapObj so the API is cleaner.
- Changed default presentation of feature attributes to escape a few problematic characters for HTML display (eg. > becomes >). Added [itemname_raw] substitution to allow access to unaltered data.
- Added initial version of Jan Hartman's connection pooling code.
- Replaced libwww with libcurl for WMS/WFS client HTTP requests. (libcurl 7.10 required, see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/)
- Added CONNECTION to the list of mapfile parameters that can accept %variable% substitutions when processed by the cgi version. This is useful for passing in username and/or passwords to database data sources.
- Added support for DATA and TEMPLATE (header/footer/etc...) filtering using an regex declared in the mapfile (DATAPATTERN and TEMPLATEPATTERN). Certain parameters in a mapfile cannot be changed via a URL without first being filtered.
- Added support for enviroment variable MS_MAPFILE_PATTERN. This allows you to override the default regex in favor of one more restrictive (I would hope) of your own.
- Disabled CGI SAVEMAP option.
- Removed CGI TEMPLATE option since you can use the map_web_template syntax. Simplifies security maintenance by only having to deal with this option in a single place.
- Added offset support (styleObj) for raster based output (GD for sure, not quite sure how OGR output is created although I believe is uses GD anyway). This allows for feature drop shadows and support for cool linear symbols like used to be supported in pre-3.4 versions. These offsets are not scalable at the moment.
- Null shapes (attributes but no vertices) are skipped for shapefiles using the msLayerNextShape interface. Otherwise applications should check the shapeObj type member for MS_SHAPE_NULL.
- Changed where label cache is allocated and cleared. Now it isn't allocated until drawing takes place. Any old cache is cleared before a new one is allocated. The cache is still intact following rendering for post-processing using MapScript.
- Fixed screw up in pre-processing of logical expressions for item lists. Under certain circumstances that list could get corrupted and expressions would fail.
- Added NOT operator to expression parser.
- Added layer and map level DEBUG options to map file.
- Major changes to support vector output (PDF, SWF, GML, ...): imageObj is used by all rendering functions instead of gdImagePtr, New msSaveImage() prototype
- Support for GD-2.0, including 24 bits output. Dropped support for GD 1.x
- Support for output to any GDAL-supported format via the new OUTPUTFORMAT object.
- New styleObj to replace the OVERLAY* parameter in classes.
- PostGIS: Added Sean Gillies <email@example.com>'s patch for "using unique <column name>". Added "using SRID=#" to specify a spatial reference for an arbitrary sql query.
- ... and numerous fixes not listed here...
Version 3.6.0-beta1 (2002-04-30)
- MapScript: qitem and qstring params added to layer->queryByAttribute(). Instead of being driven by the layer's FILTER/FILTERITEM, the query by attribute is now driven by the values passed via qitem,qstring, and the layer's FILTER/FILTERITEM are ignored.
- Symbol and MapFile changes: ANTIALIAS and FILLED keywords now take a boolean (TRUE/FALSE) argument i.e. ANTIALIAS becomes ANTIALIAS TRUE and FILLED becomes FILLED TRUE
- Reference Map: Added options to show a different marker when the reference box becomes too small. See the mapfile reference docs for more details on the new reference object parameters (MARKER, MARKERSIZE, MAXBOXSIZE, MINBOXSIZE)
- Added MINSCALE/MAXSCALE at the CLASS level.
- Support for tiled OGR datasets.
- PHP 4.1.2 and 4.2.0 support for PHP MapScript.
- Added LAYER TRANSPARENCY, value between 1-100
- Fixes to the SWIG interface for clean Java build.
- New HTML legend templates for CGI and MapScript. See HTML-Legend-HOWTO.
- WMS server now supports query results using HTML query templates instead of just plain/text.
- Added support functions for thread safety (--with-thread). Still not 100% thread-safe.
Version 3.5.0 (2002-12-18)
- No Revision history before version 3.5