|Version 58 (modified by barendgehrels, 3 years ago)|
(also known as GGL, Generic Geometry Library)
Boost.Geometry provides a generic implementation of geometry algorithms, working with geometry types provided by the library itself as well as user-defined types. The library is implemented in C++ programming language with extensive use of elements of template metaprogramming like class (type) templates, static polymorphism and compile-time execution. Consequently, Boost.Geometry is built upon foundation of C++ Standard Library and Boost C++ Libraries.
Note that Boost.Geometry is still work in progress. Early adopters are welcome to use Boost.Geometry. However, realize that Boost.Geometry is not complete and things might change. In general, all commits are well tested (by hundred unit tests) and breaking changes are announced on the list.
The main purpose of this Trac website is to collect bug reports, patches and enhancements submitted by developers and users as well as it integrates Wiki pages. In order to submit a new report or edit Wiki pages you'll need to login with an OSGeo User ID. Read the TracGuide for details about how the site works.
- July 14, 2010- Still not incorporated into Boost (1.44). However, work is going on steadily
- February 21, 2010- Boost.Geometry SVN moved to Boost.Sandbox and Version 0.6 available
- November 28, 2009- Generic Geometry Library accepted by Boost
- November 5, 2009 - Formal review of the Generic Geometry Library by Boost Community officially started
Boost.Geometry defines concepts for geometries and implements some algorithms on such geometries.
On top of that kernel, algorithms are built: area, length, perimeter, centroid, convex hull, intersection (clipping), within (point in polygon), distance, envelope (bounding box), simplify, transform, convert, and more. The library is also designed to support high precision arithmetic numbers, such as GMP.
- OGC Overview of functions and OGC support
- Who Uses GGL? - list of projects using Boost.Geometry
- BoostCon materials
Check SupportedCompilers article for detailed matrix of tested environments.
See the subversion which has anonymous access
Subversion repository with source code of Boost Geometry is hosted in Boost Sandbox available at
svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/geometry boost-geometry
(development version) and
svn co https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox-tags/geometry/boost-geometry-0.6.0 boost-geometry
The mailing list is also accessible from Nabble as Boost Geometry.
Boost.Geometry is distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
- Copyright © 1995-2010 Barend Gehrels, Geodan Holding B.V. Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Copyright © 2008-2010 Bruno Lalande, Paris, France.
- Copyright © 2010 Mateusz Loskot, London, UK
This Trac website for Boost.Geometry project is hosted by OSGeo Foundation