|Version 6 (modified by warmerdam, 7 years ago) (diff)|
GeoTIFF represents an effort by over 160 different remote sensing, GIS, cartographic, and surveying related companies and organizations to establish a TIFF based interchange format for georeferenced raster imagery.
Information and Support
- GeoTIFF Revision 1.0 Specification: This is the official release version of the GeoTIFF spec.
- http://geotiff.osgeo.org/ : Primary GeoTIFF web site (this page).
- GeoTIFF-JAI and Extensible-TIFF-JAI: Niles Ritters projects for a Java GeoTIFF API.<p>
- ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/ : Current archive of GeoTIFF spec, EPSG/POSC tables, and libgeotiff source code. Mirrored at http://geotiff.maptools.org/dl
- ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/samples : Sample GeoTIFF files.
- GeoTIFF FAQ written by Mike Ruth.
- Unofficial Catalog of Projections and their parameters.
Libgeotiff is an open source library normally hosted on top of libtiff for reading, and writing GeoTIFF information tags. The libgeotiff library is a sub-project of the MetaCRS project. Please contact warmerdam@… for more information, or to get involved.
- Libgeotiff API: Partial documentation.
- libgeotiff SVN repository is https://svn.osgeo.org/metacrs/geotiff/trunk/libgeotiff
- The most recent libgeotiff release is version 1.2.5 and is available from ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/geotiff/libgeotiff/libgeotiff-1.2.5.tar.gz or the corresponding zip.
- The released libgeotiff source code and various other items are available in the download.osgeo.org download directories.
- A contributed win32 gui for listgeo is available at ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/geotiff/libgeotiff/listgeo_GUI.zip .
- listgeo - utility program (distributed with libgeotiff) for dumping the metadata of a GeoTIFF file.
- geotifcp - utility program (distributed with libgeotiff) for applying metadata to a TIFF file, making it a GeoTIFF file.
GeoTIFF Mailing List
A mailing list is currently active to discuss the on-going development of this standard, and the libgeotiff support library. Subscribe and unsubscribe on the web. Mail can be sent to geotiff@…. Online threaded archives are available for viewing on the web.
The GeoTIFF mailing list is also available by NNTP at news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.geotiff.
Comments? e-mail warmerdam@… (Frank Warmerdam)
Tickets can be filed for libgeotiff, the geotiff web pages or problems with the specification.