When preparing a release we will use this checklist.
- All checks have to be done using Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.
- Version number of the release has been updated.
- Check content of sample metadata & data:
- Should contain proper thumbnails.
- online resources should contain 1 sample data file.
- 1 sample web map service.
- 1 sample WMS server (to show Capabilities).
- 1 Web Map Context document.
- Update strings in English and synchronize the other language files. Here's a description of a function that can assist with this process. Synchronize language files
- Check the links provided on the links page.
- Check the help and search instructions to be in line with application.
- Test import & export of MEF files for the generated examples.
- Installation instructions should be correct.
- Installer will insert sample metadata if selected.
- Installer should create shortcuts on Windows, including those to the user documentation.
- Clear instruction how to change admin password.
- Navigation between search, results and full metadata.
- Use of interactive maps.
- Check remote search.
- Check keyword search.
- Test iso19139 metadata editor:
- make sure online resource sub templates for download, web map service, web link & web map context are available.
- check working of the thesaurus to add keywords.
- Test FGDC & DC templates and editing.
- Administrative services have to work on IE, Chrome and Firefox as the minimal requirement.
- Check each of the available services filling out all as well as the minimum details in the different forms (e.g. address in contact details etc.).
- Check the different harvesting methods that have been implemented (and hide those that have not yet been implemented or have severe problems).