|Version 2 (modified by Fxp, 3 years ago)|
Sandbox for GUI components
|Assigned to release||None|
The proposal ask for creation of a dedicated sandbox in order to work on new GUI components in order to easily build new GUI based on GeoNetwork server module.
- Create components to compose Search, Admin, Editor interface
- Provide a default GeoNetwork UI
- Provide developers documentation on components
- Clean existing client code based (removing JS dependencies)
- Improve existing server services in order to provide simple access to each module (eg. User management, System admin)
These components are written in JS and depends on:
- (optional) GeoExt
A separate GUI application is created and minor changes should occur on the server side (service improvements or new services for simple tasks like "get groups").
- Type: GUI Change
- App: GeoNetwork client
- Module: GUI
- Email discussions:
- Other wiki discussions:
- Vote proposed by X on Y, result was +/-n (m non-voting members).
The sandbox will be initialize with the current work:
- The prototype of the library with documentation 
- A collection of examples to illustrate each components 
- A sample application 
The sandbox will replicate the web module and use svn:external on other modules.
Current components are:
* GeoNetwork.Catalogue * Widgets o GeoNetwork.LoginForm o GeoNetwork.MetadataResultsToolbar o GeoNetwork.MetadataResultsView o GeoNetwork.TagCloudView o GeoNetwork.Templates * GeoNetwork.data o GeoNetwork.data.MetadataCSWResultsStore o GeoNetwork.data.MetadataResultsStore o GeoNetwork.data.MetadataSummaryStore o GeoNetwork.data.OpenSearchSuggestionReader o GeoNetwork.data.OpenSearchSuggestionStore * GeoNetwork.form o GeoNetwork.form.OpenSearchSuggestionTextField * GeoNetwork.util o GeoNetwork.util.CSWSearchTools o GeoNetwork.util.SearchFormTools o GeoNetwork.util.SearchTools
and embed the MapViewer of 2.6 release.
- Client side
- How to deal with i18n ?
- trying to have one location for all GUI translation
- XSL service which create a JS file from existing XML file
- How to deal with role and privileges ?
- Layout resize issue in simple/advanced form
- How to deal with i18n ?
- Server side
- admin interface
- add new simple service to get groups, categories, ...
- Change existing service without banner to try to plug them into other UI
Backwards Compatibility Issues
New libraries added
- No libraries are added.
- Removed : Prototype, Sarissa, Scriptaculous, - to be continued -
- Others welcomed !
- gn-js-modules.png (315.7 KB) - added by Fxp 3 years ago.
- gnclient.png (301.8 KB) - added by Fxp 3 years ago.
- metadata-editor-widget.png (142.8 KB) - added by fxp 2 years ago.
- metadata-editor-widget-regionslist-in-map-toolbar.png (263.3 KB) - added by fxp 2 years ago.
- metadata-editor-widget-tabs.png (13.2 KB) - added by fxp 2 years ago.
- metadata-editor-widget-validation-report.png (34.2 KB) - added by fxp 2 years ago.