= Welcome to The !GeoNetwork opensource Developer website! =
If you are a user of the !GeoNetwork opensource software, you probably want to go to [http://geonetwork-opensource.org The GeoNetwork opensource Community website]
If you want to report bugs, problems, you are a software developer or simply interested in the development of the !GeoNetwork software, this is the place to be :)
== Download ==
You can download the software on [http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork/files/ SourceForge.net]
== Introduction ==
For an effective development of the !GeoNetwork opensource software, we suggest you start with familiarizing yourself with the software by going through the point listed here.
''Provide feedback and contribute'' to this site wherever you feel information is lacking, out of sync or incorrect. This is essential to successful development and use of the application. Don't hesitate to ask if things are not clear, an honest question is never stupid! However, read first to avoid asking the same questions many others did before you.
== Developer WIKI ==
* [wiki:proposals Proposals] for new development
* [wiki:Motions] handled by the PSC
* [wiki:RnD Research and Development (RnD)] - Ideas for future development
* [wiki:contributions Contributions] that have not yet, or cannot be integrated in the !GeoNetwork opensource software
* [wiki:PSC Project Steering Committee]
* [wiki:committer Committer and contributor guidelines] - To be accepted before contributing code to the project
* [wiki:release_strategy Release strategy] we use and the related [wiki:releasing checklist]
== Documentation ==
* [wiki:ListOfHowTos List of "How To" guides]
* [wiki:ListOfFr List of documentation pages in french / documentation en Français]
* [wiki:ListOfDe List of documentation pages in german]
* [wiki:interop_matrix Interoperability tests matrix] - A table containing interoperability tests, cross-platform. For [wiki:CSW202Improvements CSW 2.0.2 ISO improvements this] is the page for you.
* [wiki:InstallAndConfig] Installation Examples
* [http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/GeoNetwork_Incubation_Status OSGeo GeoNetwork opensource Incubation process] - ''The project graduated from incubation on [http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thirty_Sixth_Board_Meeting 2 May 2008]''
== Mailing lists and IRC ==
* [http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=72096 Mailing lists] - subscribe and discuss
* Browse through the [http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-opensource-f3860135.html mailing list archives]
* [irc://irc.freenode.net/geonetwork #geonetwork Internet Relay Chat] channel - Used for direct communication. A web interface is available [http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=geonetwork here]. Otherwise you may want to use an IRC client like [https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16 ChatZilla] (on !FireFox) or [http://colloquy.info Colloquy] (OSX).
* [http://logs.qgis.org/geonetwork/ #geonetwork IRC logs]
== Bug reporting ==
The !GeoNetwork project uses Trac to record and process bugs, features et cetera.
* To submit or modify bug tickets '''you'll need to login''' with an [http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid OSGeo Userid]. [https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py This is the link to the Create OSGeo Userid form]
* To '''submit''' an issue use the [http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/newticket New Ticket] button.
* To '''query''' outstanding issues perform a [http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/query Query].
== Developer Meetings ==
* [wiki:Bolsena2013] - Agenda for !GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2013
* [wiki:BolsenaDraft2012] - Agenda for !GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2012
* [wiki:Bolsena2011 Agenda Bolsena 2011] - Agenda for !GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2011
* [wiki:Bolsena2010 Agenda Bolsena 2010] - Agenda for !GeoNetwork discussion in Bolsena, 2010
* [wiki:200906CodeSprint Bolsena 2009] - Agenda
== Testimonial ==
[http://www.yourkit.com YourKit] is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. !YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling
Java and .NET applications. Take a look at !YourKit's leading software products:
[http://www.yourkit.com/java/profiler/index.jsp YourKit Java Profiler] and
[http://www.yourkit.com/.net/profiler/index.jsp YourKit .NET Profiler].
[http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/ IntelliJidea] has kindly provided developer licenses to !GeoNetwork core developers. If you want a copy of the license please contact [http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Heikki Heikki Doeleman].