Welcome to The GeoNetwork opensource Developer website!
If you are a user of the GeoNetwork opensource software, you probably want to go to The GeoNetwork opensource Community website
If you want to report bugs, problems, you are a software developer or simply interested in the development of the GeoNetwork software, this is the place to be :)
You can download the software on SourceForge.net
For an effective development of the GeoNetwork opensource software, we suggest you start with familiarizing yourself with the software by going through the point listed here.
Provide feedback and contribute to this site wherever you feel information is lacking, out of sync or incorrect. This is essential to successful development and use of the application. Don't hesitate to ask if things are not clear, an honest question is never stupid! However, read first to avoid asking the same questions many others did before you.
- Proposals for new development
- Motions handled by the PSC
- Research and Development (RnD) - Ideas for future development
- Contributions that have not yet, or cannot be integrated in the GeoNetwork opensource software
- Project Steering Committee
- Committer and contributor guidelines - To be accepted before contributing code to the project
- Release strategy we use and the related checklist
- List of "How To" guides
- List of documentation pages in french / documentation en Français
- List of documentation pages in german
- Interoperability tests matrix - A table containing interoperability tests, cross-platform. For CSW 2.0.2 ISO improvements this is the page for you.
- InstallAndConfig Installation Examples
- OSGeo GeoNetwork opensource Incubation process - The project graduated from incubation on 2 May 2008
Mailing lists and IRC
- Mailing lists - subscribe and discuss
- Browse through the mailing list archives
- #geonetwork Internet Relay Chat channel - Used for direct communication. A web interface is available here. Otherwise you may want to use an IRC client like ChatZilla (on FireFox) or Colloquy (OSX).
- #geonetwork IRC logs
The GeoNetwork project uses Trac to record and process bugs, features et cetera.
- To submit or modify bug tickets you'll need to login with an OSGeo Userid. This is the link to the Create OSGeo Userid form
- To submit an issue use the New Ticket button.
- To query outstanding issues perform a Query.
- Bolsena2013 - Agenda for GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2013
- BolsenaDraft2012 - Agenda for GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2012
- Agenda Bolsena 2011 - Agenda for GeoNetwork development in Bolsena, 2011
- Agenda Bolsena 2010 - Agenda for GeoNetwork discussion in Bolsena, 2010
- Bolsena 2009 - Agenda
YourKit is kindly supporting open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler.