|Version 4 (modified by fxp, 3 years ago)|
|Last edited|| |
|Assigned to release|
In Bolsena hacking event 2009, we decided to move from ant build to maven.
- GeoServer? : no more embedded in GeoNetwork
- CSW client : removed
- jetty : via Maven (see Run the application)
Build the application
mvn clean install
Packaging the application
GeoNetwork is distributed as WAR files (intermap.war and geonetwork.war) packaged by maven process.
Run the application
Maven plugins for Jetty or Cargo allows to quickly start the application after build.
Publish war files created by maven to your favorite webapp directory (Tomcat, Jetty).
Maven plugin / Cargo
mvn cargo:start mvn cargo:stop
Maven plugin / Jetty
Current issue with jetty plugin is that we cannot run more than one application at a time (only geonetwork.war is started, not intermap.war).
Deploy the application
Create an eclipse workspace
- OAI-PMH dependencies
- GAST :
- Gast was using only the application path to load both resources and libs (from WEB-INF/lib). Add a libPath and an appPath.
- Remove jetty and mckoi startup (see Open issues)
- Current status : GAST could be used to create db (not mckoi ones) and load data once the catalogue is started.
- GAST :
- hardcoded classpath in MANIFEST
- Gast start jetty to start mckoi and setup all.
- Type: Architecture
- App: GeoNetwork
- Module: All
- Email discussions:
- IRC discussions:
Backwards Compatibility Issues
- Maven expert very welcomed !