|Version 2 (modified by Fxp, 5 years ago)|
|Last edited|| |
|Assigned to release||to be determined|
Improved existing MEF format to support more than one metadata in a single MEF file. This format could allow export of n metadata producing a single MEF file.
- Type: Module Change
- App: GeoNetwork
- Module: Metadata Import/Export?
- Email discussions:
- Other wiki discussions:
- Vote proposed by X on Y, result was +/-n (m non-voting members).
- multi-metadata support : be able to have more than one metadata record in a single MEF file.
- related metadata export : add an option in order to be able to export related metadata in the MEF file. Related metadata record could be :
- child metadata (Using Lucene index to search for parentChild relation)
- service metadata (To be defined)
- related metadata (Using xml.relation.get service)
MEF structure proposal
MEF v1 :
Root | +--- metadata.xml +--- info.xml +--- public | +---- all public documents and thumbnails +--- private +---- all private documents and thumbnails
MEF v2 :
Root | + 0..n metadata | +--- metadata | +--- metadata.xml (ISO19139) | +--- (optional) metadata.profil.xml (ISO19139profil) +--- info.xml +--- overviews +--- applischema | +--- (optional - related metadata) schema.xml (ISO19110) +--- documents +---- all documents
MEF Creation process
- 1.If uuid add this metadata to the selection manager
- 1.search child and add to selection manager
- 2.search service and add to selection manager
- 3.search related and add to selection manager
- 2.if not use the selection manager
- 3.if selection manager is empty return error
- 4.According to format parameter do a MEF export (full/partial)
Backwards Compatibility Issues
- List of participants and role (if necessary) in current GIP