|Version 21 (modified by heikki, 4 years ago)|
Minutes of the meeting on IRC, August 19th 2009
Participants: Emmanuel Belo, Francois Xavier Prunayre, Heikki Doeleman, Jeroen Ticheler, Jesse Eichar, Jose Garcia, Mathieu Coudert
A bugfix release GeoNetwork 2.4.1 will be made by Jeroen shortly. It contains :
- fixes for categories search ( http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/ticket/139)
- fixes for ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/ticket/141
- fix for ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/ticket/140
- fix for ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/ticket/134
- fix for the lucene indexing on application startup
- an enhancement to keywords search (made case insensitive and abstracts over accented characters)
Discussion of contents of next release 2.5 :
- MultiLingual metadata editing: lacks PSC approval for now. Jeroen hopes to see some changes to the presentation in the editor; a screencast by Francois explaining it is available at http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/attachment/wiki/MultilingualMetadata/geonetwork-multilingual-editing.2.swf;
- proposals for changes from NGR will be put up on the wiki and for vote on the mailing list;
- Heikki and Francois will work on a proposal for INSPIRE support;
- GeoEditorViewer (see screencast at http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/attachment/wiki/GeoEditorViewer/geoeditor.swf) will be put up for vote on the mailing list;
- replace InterMap with OpenLayers and GeoExt; camptocamp is currently working on adding CSW protocol support in OpenLayers? and GeoExt? and this will really help building search interface.
- swisstopo Hidden Elements ( http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/wiki/HiddenElements) can be integrated to trunk by Jose
- MAYBE : use of Maven for the builds. Needs some infrastructure (like a repository). Mathieu and Jeroen will work on that next week; work to proceed in a sandbox branch.
Discussion of modularized architecture :
- participants are generally in favor of the idea
- ebRIM and GAAP will be the first artifacts of this and to be included in GN 2.5
- Heikki and Jose will provide documentation on the proposal and describe the workings of GAAP
A next IRC meeting to continue discussing 2.5 is scheduled for August 31st, 10:00.