|Version 2 (modified by rjwalker, 4 years ago)|
How to compile GeoNetwork
You don't need to build or use the GeoNetwork installer; you can build directly from the source code.
Once you have checked out a copy of GeoNetwork from Subversion, you need to build the system and initialize the database.
- Run ant in the top level (no need to type ant all; the default build does the same thing).
- Change to the bin directory
- If you are using a recent checkout of trunk and you don't want to use the default port of 8080, edit jetty.xml manually, search for 8080, and replace it with your port number of choice.
- Start up GAST (use either gast.bat or gast.sh as appropriate for you).
- In GAST, Configure your settings - at least:
- (If using an older version of GAST) Configuration -> Jetty: change the port number if you like and press Save
- Configuration -> DBMS: change the port number if you like and press Save
- Database -> Setup: press the Setup button!
- You may get a warning about circular references; this is "normal".
- Quit GAST.
- You can now start GeoNetwork using the start-geonetwork.(sh,bat) script.
- Done! Load up in your browser.
- If you want to load the sample data, start up GAST again, i.e., after you started GeoNetwork, select Options from the Config menu and enter your database settings - for default McKoi, select "Use this account" and use admin as username and password. Then go to Database -> Sample data and press the Import button.