|Version 1 (modified by simonp, 3 years ago)|
|Last edited|| |
|Status||in progress in BlueNetMEST sandbox|
|Assigned to release||2.5|
Harvesters in GeoNetwork do not permit:
- an XSL transformation to be applied to incoming harvested XML records.
- incoming XML records (after application of any XSL transformation specified) to be validated and dropped if not valid
Harvester to get XML metadata from THREDDS (Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services) servers is needed. THREDDS servers are often used to support data and metadata for the climate and oceanography communities including file data with formats such as netCDF and HDF.
- Type: GUI Change, Module Change
- App: GeoNetwork
- Module: Harvester
- Not yet voted on.
Add capability to common (or base) harvester interface to accept:
- an XSLT (from conversions) to be applied to incoming harvested XML records.
- checkbox to switch XML validation on/off - if validation on and a harvester (and transformed if reqd) record fails validation, then it is dropped.
Add Harvester to get XML metadata from THREDDS (Thematic Real-time Environmental Distributed Data Services) servers. THREDDS harvester is implemented in the BlueNetMEST version 1.2 - it can generate composed metadata records as per ComposedMetadataRecords.
Backwards Compatibility Issues
- List of participants and role (if necessary) in current GIP