Creation of a french community
|Last edited|| |
|Status||Proposed for vote|
|Assigned to release||none|
|Resources||Brgm, Camptocamp, any others participants welcomed|
For two years, a "french" community gathering national and local authorities, national geographic survey, public organisations, associations,... developped a "french flavour" of geonetwork.
GeoSource implements mainly :
- definition of french iso profil,
- support for INSPIRE metadata requirements (INSPIRE theme, conformity, INSPIRE view),
- improve french translation and documentation,
- add multilingual support to schematron validation, installer, gast.
Since January 2007, a specific community infrastructure has been used : https://adullact.net/projects/geocatalogue/.
Therefore, only a few interactions occurs between GeoSource and GeoNetwork project after its first release. GeoSource Version 2 is more aligned to GeoNetwork trunk. Some patches were proposed to integration to trunk (see SelectionManager, MetadataImport proposals).
- Type: Community
- App: GeoNetwork
- Email discussions:
- Other wiki discussions:
- Vote proposed by Pierre on GN devels and GN users mailing lists, result was +/-n (m non-voting members).
- Improve synergies between GeoSource and GeoNetwork project (merge, documentation, communication, ...)
In order to encourage synergies between the two projects :
- create a sandbox for GeoSource project in sourceforge repository
- create a french mailing list (mainly from user perspective) : geonetwork-users-fr@…,
- improve/create translation (documentation, website, application, training materials) in French
- add release to sourceforge in a specific section.
Backwards Compatibility Issues
From a user perspective, GeoSource is only required for people who needs french profil support. As much as possible new features made in GeoSource should be merged to GeoNetwork when relevant and aprouved by the community.
- Pierre, Etienne, Francois, Mathieu