|Version 8 (modified by fxp, 3 years ago)|
|Last edited|| |
|Assigned to release||2.5|
This proposal add configuration parameters for categories.
Options are :
- turn on/off category management (administration interface, search criteria, metadata editing)
- display category icons in search results
- based on category table
- based on category defined on metadata information. These categories allow to quickly identified metadata on datasets and metadata on services (which is an INSPIRE 'nice to have' option).
- Type: GUI
- App: GeoNetwork
- Module: GUI
- Email discussions:
- IRC discussions:
- Vote proposed by Francois the 22nd march 2010
- +1 : Simon, Jeroen, Francois
Default configuration parameter is equivalent to current GeoNetwork behavior.
Parameters are defined in config-gui.xml :
<!-- Display or not category information : Categories are stored in the database and a metadata record could be linked to one or more categories. --> <category> <!-- To disable that feature comment this out. This will hide categories in search criteria, metadata editing and administration interface. --> <admin/> <!-- Display category as icon in search results. Categories could be : * define from category table or * define based on schema : iso19139 could be service or dataset and iso19110 is feature catalogue (internal category) mode attribute could be: * all : all categories * db : only from category table * internal : only internal category <display-in-search mode="db"/> --> </category>
Icons could be added to images/category directory.
Backwards Compatibility Issues