|Version 6 (modified by fxp, 3 years ago)|
Compute bounding box based on keyword analysis
|Last edited|| |
|Assigned to release||2.5|
This proposal allows editor to add extent information based on keyword analysis. In the editor a button is added to run the process :
- For each keywords
- Search for the keyword in thesaurus
- If keyword in the thesaurus has an extent
- Add an extent with a description and a bounding box to the metadata record.
The process could be run in 2 modes :
- Add : Keep existing extent elements and add the new one at the end. Editor could clean the section after processing.
- Replace : Remove all extent having only a bounding box (temporal, vertical and bounding polygon are not removed), and add the new one at the end.
Select your keywords
In edit mode, 2 new actions
- Type: GUI
- App: GeoNetwork
- Module: GUI / editor
- Email discussions:
- IRC discussions:
- Vote proposed by Francois the 25nd march 2010
- +1 : Simon, Jeroen, Francois
- Thumbs up from non PSC members: Stephen M Richard, Andrew Walsh
- Only available for iso19139 or profil records.
- Feature could be disabled in config-gui.xml for users who are not using thesaurus with "spatial concepts".:
<!-- Actions configuration --> <editor-actions> <!-- Action to allow editors to compute bounding box from keyword analysis. --> <compute-extent-from-keyword/> </editor-actions>
Backwards Compatibility Issues
Suggestion for futur improvements
- Support for CT_CodelistCatalogue
http://asdd.ga.gov.au/asdd/profileinfo/anzlic-allgens.xml There are about 10 categories (CodelistItem?) with hundreds, if not thousands, of GENs (gml:description@gml:id) to choose from. This may help in testing the speed of your interface. The order of the "|" separated bounding coordinates (gml:description) are north|south|east|west.
- Add EX_GeographicDescription