|Version 35 (modified by fxp, 11 months ago)|
Bolsena 2012 - draft agenda
Please add any idea you have here !
- On going projects ?
- On going proposals
- On going tickets
- Discussion on GUIs
- Discussion on architecture updates
- Webspecs testing
- Repository migration to GitHub
- Progress reports
On going projects ?
- Review what's improved, for the Advisory Board and the Program Steering Committee, since last year
- Many times, PSC members do not vote on proposals within the allotted time frame for that. How can we improve on that.
The percentage of mails to the mailing lists with 0 responses (counted from the last max 105 mails) is:
It's like flipping a coin, asking something on our mailing lists. On the largest (english users), as on the spanish users, you might as well think you should forget about it as the odds are against you getting even 1 single reply.
Is it an idea to establish a Mailing List Governance Committee whose task it is to monitor any mails to all of the lists that go unanswered for more than say 2 days, and then approach people to ask if they would respond? It's great to have so many subscribers but it would be even greater to have a substantially larger number of emails responded.
By contrast, as an example, the same count on the Wicket users list shows 18% unanswered emails.
On going proposals
On going tickets
- Review ticket list http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/roadmap
- Lucene indexing, analyzed non tokenized field #946
- Tree of category (patch to review)
Discussion on GUIs
Discussion on architecture updates
- Status on http://trac.osgeo.org/geonetwork/wiki/proposals/ImprovedSecurityArchitecture
- CAS support & LDAP improvements (Jesse & Francois)
Considering GeoNetwork's functionality, you might expect there exist a class called Metadata, representing metadata. Sadly, this is not the case. The lack of a domain model makes doing changes to GeoNetwork very much more difficult and encourages source code pasta. Let's model our domain, and while at it, use Hibernate to have the domain classes hide the database.
The last code spring I (Jesse) created a small suite of integration tests by taking the existing Geonetwork integration tests and combining them with some tests back ported form Geocat integration tests. I also started a maven module that would run the tests when ran with the profile integration-tests. Since then I have updated the tests and fixed bugs based on those tests. I would like to commit this work and back-port more tests.
Repository migration to GitHub
Discussion about advantages/disadvantages of repository migration to GitHub. Tools like SubGit seem can help for smooth migration, keeping in synch SVN-GitHub repositories.
- JSON outputs to make JS apps easier
- Clustering GeoNetwork, by Jose García & Heikki Doeleman
- Pessimistic locking and metadata lifecycle, by Jose García & Heikki Doeleman
- Metadata difference viewer, by Jose García & Heikki Doeleman
- Monitoring Webapps (geocat.ch usecase) by Jesse
- Git for SVN users by Jesse
requested (who wants to do it?) :