|Version 7 (modified by mloskot, 6 years ago)|
This survey seeks feedback from project sponsors on areas they would like the GDAL/OGR project to focus funded efforts. Questions 4-11 ask for the importance of a particular area of focus to be indicated by assigning "survey points". The sum of survey points assigned on questions 4-11 should be 100. That is there are 100 points to assign between questions 4-11 to prioritize the importance of different focuses.
1. Which aspect of GDAL/OGR is more important to your organization? The GDAL (raster) services, or the OGR (vector/feature) services, or are both important?
2. List existing format drivers which are particularly important to your organization. Drivers that you would like the GDAL/OGR team to take special care to maintain, and improve.
3. List any SWIG language bindings you organization uses, or would like to see improved (ie. Java, C#, Python, Perl, Ruby) Are there particular improvements you would like to see with the language bindings?
4. Are improvements to, and better documentation for GDAL/OGR commandline utilities (like gdal_translate, ogrinfo) important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, which utilities in particular?
5. Is better developer oriented API documentation for GDAL important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, should we focus on reference documentation for the API, or tutorials on using the API?
6. Is better user documentation for the drivers important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, what particular suggestions can you make?
7. Is multi-threaded use of GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) Is the primary concern thread safety (avoiding crashes/corruption) or achieving higher performance in multi-threaded use via careful fine grained locking?
8. Is international and localized support in GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (ie. multi-byte characters in filenames, features attributes, metadata)? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, what particular aspects are important?
9. Is improving the performance of GDAL/OGR important to your organization? (assign 0-100 survey points) Are their particular code paths you would like to see optimized?
10. How important is it to your organization for GDAL/OGR to improve it's test suites, and proactive quality testing? (assign 0-100 survey points)
11. How important is it to your organization for the GDAL/OGR project to provide pre-built binaries with releases? (assign 0-100 survey points) If so, for what platforms? Developer oriented or end user oriented? Any special issues?
12. Do you use GDAL/OGR in combination with other open source applications or libraries (eg. MapServer, MapGuide, GRASS, PROJ.4) and if yes which ones. Are there any aspects of integration between GDAL/OGR and those applications or libraries that you would like to see improved? Which ones?
13. List the operating system platforms important to your organization. (ie. Win32, Linux on x86, Linux on other platforms, MacOS X, Solaris, IRIX, WinCE, ...)
14. Have you found the GDAL/OGR project to be responsive in handling bug reports or support requests from your organization since your participation in the sponsorship program? Please note any specific issues.
15. Do you feel that GDAL/OGR sponsorship funds are being used in a responsible fashion? Please note any concerns.
16. Do you have any other suggestions for the GDAL/OGR project?
17. Do you wish your responses to list survey to be kept private (only shared by members of the GDAL/OGR Project Management Committee) or may they be made publically visible?