|Version 7 (modified by hobu, 5 years ago)|
GDAL/OGR 1.6.0 - General Changes
- Added basic support for LDFLAGS
- Try prefix/lib before prefix/src for proj.4 linking (#1345)
- Allow specification of a python binary for --with-ogpython (#2258)
- Added NAS driver config support
- Fixed Expat detection problem on MinGW (#2050)
- Fix INST_DATA setting (/share/gdal instead of /share) (#2382)
- Build MSGN driver on Unix-like platforms
- Added MSG driver support to configure.in. EUMETSAT Wavelet Trasform software is only detected on request, option --with-msg specified.
- Improve cross-compilation
- Fix linking with HDF4 library when configuring with --with-hdf4 or --with-hdf4=yes (#2602)
- Fixes for compilation with GCC 4.3
- Default to non-debug builds. Use /GR in pre 1400 builds so that dynamic_cast doesn't just cause an blowout. Use .pdb file with version embedded.
- Make vc++ builds usable from mingw (#2216)
- Updated nmake.opt for building with Visual C++ adding /W3 flag for release build and /W4 for debug build.
- Add VS Makefile for GDAL and OGR DODS drivers (#2383)
- Added VSIMalloc2() and VSIMalloc3() API and use them in GDAL drivers (RFC-19)
- Added infrastructure to detect bad arguments to printf-like functions
- Added CPLHashSet data structure
- Added quad tree implementation derived from shapelib & mapserv
- Added support for reading on-the-fly .gz files and .zip files (#1369)
- Added implementation of recode API (RFC23)
- Added CSLFindName()
- Added two new flags to CSLTokenizeString2() function: CSLT_STRIPLEADSPACES and CSLT_STRIPENDSPACES to strip leading and ending spaces from the token.
- Added CSVGetNextLine() to fetch next record based on just csv filename
- Added CPL_ACCUM_ERROR_MSG=ON for CPLQuietErrorHandler
- Added CPL_MAX_ERROR_REPORTS config option (#2409).
- Added CPL_INLINE macro
- Added UNREFERENCED_PARAM macro to cpl_port.h.
- Added CPLGenerateTempFilename()
- Improve performance of CPLParseXMLString from O(n*n) to O(n) where n is the number of siblings node
- Fix bug with url encoding in CPLEscapeString() (#2314)
- Various fixes in CPLList implementation (CPLListInsert and CPLListRemove) (#2134)
- VSIMEM: added path normalization so everything is converted to forward slashes
- VSIMEM: prevent file extension, or write/update to files opened in readonly mode
- cpl_path.cpp: Add CPLAssert to check that the string inputs are not the result static buffer
- Added a --utility_version that displays the version of GDAL used for compiling the utility and add runtime checks to see if GDAL library is compatible with the utility version
GDAL 1.6.0 - Overview of Changes
- Added support for computing statistics for datasets with arbitrary overviews in GDALRasterBand::ComputeStatistics?()
- Added Gaussian resampling in overview building (#2137)
- Added Mode resampling in overview building (#2347)
- Added in GDALRasterBand::GetRasterSampleOverview?() and ComputeRasterMinMax?() (#2148)
- Preliminary gmljp2 specific changes to address axis orientation (#2131)
- Added RPC and IMD support (RFC 22)
- Added GDALProxyDataset and GDALProxyRasterBand abstract classes to be able to make proxy datasets and raster bands
- Added a proxy dataset class, GDALProxyPoolDataset, that differ at the maximum the opening of the underlying dataset and keep the number of simultaneous opened underlying datasets under a limit (similar to what is done in the RPFTOC driver)
- Migrate GDALRegenerateOverviews() to C API
- Added GDALDestroyDriver()
- Added special case in GDALCopyWholeRaster to be more friendly when writing a tiled compressed GeoTIFF (massive reduction of destination file size)
- Added GDALRegenerateOverviewsMultiBand to process all the bands at the same time to optimize the generations of compressed pixel-interleaved overviews (such as JPEG-In-TIFF). Optimization triggered in some cases for external and internal GeoTIFF overviews. PHOTOMETRIC_OVERVIEW and INTERLEAVE_OVERVIEW config options added for external overviews. -ro option added to gdaladdo to generate external overviews for GeoTIFF. Result : divide by 2 to 3 the size of JPEG-In-TIFF overviews on big RGB datasets
- Add a new class GDALNoDataValuesMaskBand to create a per-dataset nodata mask band (GMF_PER_DATASET | GMF_NODATA) when the metadata item NODATA_VALUES is found on the dataset (#2149)
- Fix segfault when building overviews with --config USE_RRD YES (#2145)
- PAM: save floating point nodata in IEEE floating point binary format
- Fix division by zero in GDALGetRandomRasterSample (#2429)
- GDALOpen: Use EOVERFLOW if defined otherwise use hardcoded likely values (#2437)
- Replace implementation of arrays for maintaining the list of opened shared datasets by a CPLHashSet to avoid O(n*n) complexity
- Fix GDALRasterBand::IRasterIO fails to read data from dataset when block cache is too small (#2457)
- Modify GDALFindAssociatedAuxFile() to only select .aux files that have the same raster configuration as the target dataset (PxLxB). (#2471).
- When available use arbitrary overviews for computations in GDALRasterBand::ComputeRasterMinMax?() and GDALRasterBand::GetHistogram?().
- Fix crash in GDALValidateCreationOptions when passed a creation option not in format key=value (#2499)
- Fix 'GDALNoDataMaskBand::IReadBlock doesn't behave correctly when eWrkDT != eDataType' (#2504)
- Use nodata masks when generating overviews (#2149)
- Improve error propagation when GDALRasterBlock::Write() fails (#2524)
- gdalnodatamaskband: add case for uint16 and uint32 as uint32 - fixes neg. nodata values for these
- Add a special case for dealing with RasterIO expansion on writes (#773)
- Add GDALValidateCreationOptions() checks in GDALDriver::Create() and GDALDriver::CreateCopy?()
- Optimization of GDALCopyWords for transfer from buffer of packed bytes to buffer of bytes with interleaving (#2536)
- Use BlockBasedRasterIO in GDALDataset::IRasterIO for pixel-interleaved datasets when source and destination have the same size (#2536)
- PAM: Allow empty category in .aux.xml (#2562)
- GDALDataTypeUnion(): Add missing GDT_CInt16 case that was triggering a CPLAssert(FALSE) (linked to #2564)
- PAM: improve the find existing histogram logic to check approx and out of range
- Fix validation of values for creation option parameters of type float
- Fix memory leak related to PAM histograms
- Restrict dataset sharing to a one thread by tracking owning pid (#2229)
- rasterio.cpp: Handle >2GB memory arrays on a 64-bit build (#2199)
- Added GDALPolygonize() function
- Added sieve filter
- Add implementation of raster hole filler
- Added proximity algorithm implementation
- Added GDALRasterizeLayers() function to rasterize the all the features in the list of layers rather than individual geometries.
- Added support for point geometries rasterization
- Added line rasterization routine.
- Added GDALCreateGenImgProjTransformer2()
- warper: massive upgrade that fixes number of problems with Cubic Spline and Lanczos resamplers, multiple performance improvements.
- Implement overview building for paletted rasterbands with average resampling by selecting the nearest entry after averaging on R,G,B components (#2408)
- Fix destination coordinate system setting logic in GDALReprojectImage (#2231)
- Modify GDALChecksum to give it a deterministic behaviour when given a GDT_[C]Float[32|64] rasterband with NaN and Inf values. The result is backward compatible with previous implementations with finite values
- Add options to RPC transformer, use for RPC_HEIGHT offset
- TPS : fix uninitialized variables (#2300), fix wrong behaviour with negative coordinates (#2615)
- gdalgeoloc.cpp : Fix crash in GDALCreateGeoLocTransformer if X_DATASET, etc... cannot be opened (#2434)
- warper: Prevent crashes when srcAlphaBand and dstAlphaBand are wrong
- Fix tiling in gdal_grid and output of geotransform when -txe and -tye not specified (#2508)
- warper: Wait for the threads to complete before leaving GDALWarpOperation::ChunkAndWarpMulti?() (#2518)
- warper: When warping an RGBA image whose borders have alpha=0, avoid writing alpha=255 with bilinear, cubic, cubic spline resampling
- warper: Properly set a resample window size for Cubic Spline kernel. (#2414)
- gdalsimplewarp.cpp: fix pointer array allocation (#2586)
- gdal_lut.py: New for 1.6.0. Sample app applying a greyscale lookup table
- gdal_polygonize.py : New for 1.6.0
- gdal_proximity.py : New for 1.6.0
- gdal_sieve.py: New for 1.6.0
- densify.py: New for 1.6.0. A generic Translator class for ogr2ogr-like operations that can be easily overridden for special translation operations
- gdalflattenmask : New utility to merge regular data bands with the mask bands, for applications not being able to use the mask band concept. (Not compiled by default)
- gdal2ogr: New for 1.6.0. to create an OGR datasource from the values of a GDAL dataset; May be useful to test gdal_grid and generate its input OGR file (Not compiled by default)
- Fix crash in gdalenhance
- Add -nln switch for gdal_contour
- gdalgrid: Fixed zero search radius handling in nearest neighbor interpolation method.
- gdalgrid: Added support for data metrics (minimum, maximum and range) computation.
- gdalgrid: Added spatial filter support applied on the OGR data source
- gdalgrid: Added ability to read values from the attribute field using the "-zfield" option.
- gdalgrid: fix crash on features with NULL geometry or when no point geometry is found on a layer (#2424)
- esri2wkt.py: Fix esri2wkt for NG python bindings (#2548)
- Build testepsg utility by default when OGR is enabled (Ticket #2554).
- gdaltranslate: new -expand rgb|rgba option to make color table expansion
- gdaltindex: Use correct index variable name
- gdal2tiles.py: Bug fix: switched axes in BoundingBox? of tilemapresource.xml.
- gdal2tiles.py: Bug fix: wrong Origin in tilemapresource.xml.
- gdal2tiles.py: New version of GDAL2Tiles (SoC 2008 - GDAL2Tiles Improvements)
- gdal_retile.py: Some minor enhancement optionally storing the georeferencing data of created tiles in a csv file
- gdalinfo: Don't show RAT if -nomdd is used.
- gdalinfo: Display checksums on overviews when -checksum is specified
- gdalinfo: Display whether the mask band has overviews
- ogr2ogr: reset -gt to 1 with -skipfailures, document -gt (#2409)
- ogr2ogr: Output error messages on stderr to be consistant; Make error message about failed reprojection more clearer (hopefully); Advertize the use of -skipfailures in error message (#2588)
- nearblack: Add support for scanning from top and bottom as well as from the sides.
- Prevent crash in gdalwarpsimple utility and in GDALSimpleImageWarp() when source dataset has no raster band
- gdal_rasterize: check that coordinates systems match (Ticket #1937)
- gdalwarp: Add cutline support
- Reports GDAL_DCAP_VIRTUALIO=YES for drivers supporting it (#2193)
- Add warnings in CreateCopy?() methods for drivers not supporting color tables (#1939)
- Simplify and harmonize how ESRI world file extensions are handled for BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG and GTiff drivers (fix #1734)
- Windows : enable bigtiff by default when using internal libtiff (#2257)
- Added plugin building support for ECW, MrSID, HDF5, NetCDF, FITS and SDE drivers.
- fix case of capabilities xml elements to match properly (#2322)
- Add ALPHA creation option in the list of creation options
- Re-fix nodata test when determining AAIGrid data type (Ticket #2107).
- fix yllcorner computation (#1794)
- mark driver as supporting virtualio.
- Fix wrong data type used to read the source band AAIGCreateCopy (#2369)
- Add DECIMAL_PRECISION creation option for AAIGRID (#2430)
- Initialize PAM to avoid creating .aux.xml file when gdalinfo an ADRG dataset
- Prevent opening in update mode && fix reading of blocks in creation mode
- Prevent error message coming from ADRG driver when trying to open in update mode a non-existing dataset
- Avoid error reporting and subsequent failure on some DIGEST files where the last record ends in a non-standard way
BLX Magellan Topo driver:
- Add support for alternate palettes via config option
- Fix Valgrind warning about read of uninitialized memory; Replace a CPLAssert by a test in case of corrupted dataset; Remove static buffer in BSBReadHeaderLine to improve thread-safety
- Update BSB write support to use VSIF*L API (still disabled by default); fix palette handling (last color entry was lost); add GCP/Geotransform writing
- Initialize integral variables to prevent failure of test condition in case file read operation fails; clean signed/unsigned mismatch warning.
- Additional tests to protect against corrupted datasets
- Fix use of static CPL buffers
- Implement GetFileList?() and support for opening directory for DIMAP format
- Add using namespace libdap for version 3.8.2 (#2404)
- Add the GDAL_DTED_SINGLE_BLOCK config option to make a single block of a whole DTED file. This can speed-up a lot scanline oriented algorithms (#1909)
- Add support for DTED products strictly following MIL-D-89020 that was buggy
- Fix compilation without CPL
- Improve thread safety
- Fix memory leaks (#2210)
- Be more careful deciding what geotransforms to ignore (#1935)
- Rename ecw plugin gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.so/dll (#2320)
- Properly set default nPixelSpace and nLineSpace in ECWRasterBand::IRasterIO().
- Added pixel data type checking in ECWCreateCopy() (#2593).
- Port EHDR driver to large file API (by apetkov) (#2580)
EIR (Erdas Imagine Raw format) driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- fix problems with old/new state plane zone codes (#2227)
- Order the GCP in TL, TR, BR, BL order to benefit from the GDALGCPsToGeoTransform optimization
- Add support for Euromap FAST datasets for IRS-1C/IRS-1D PAN/LISS3/WIFS (#2329)
- Fix USGS projection decoding for EOSAT FAST format Rev C (#2381)
- Add support for detection of FAST IRS P6 and CARTOSAT-1 band filenames
- Fix crash in FITS when dataset has metadata; Fix 2 minor Valgrind warnings (#2396)
- Fix crash on int32 test case in fits.py for 64-bit GDAL build (#2579)
- New for 1.6.0
- Close file pointer in dataset destructor
- Disable opening of large files which hang GDALOpen() (#2542)
- Moved from spike to trunk: grib now standard, but support --without-grib option
- Prevent crash on huge number of rows
- Prevent Valgrind warnings on bogus short GSAG files
- Major update to correct upside problems, removing Create (#2224, #1616, #2191)
- Fixed geotransormation matrix calculation (#2132)
- Properly read the header on big-endian system.
- fix bigendian support (#2172)
- Add support for reading and writing embedded nodata masks of a TIFF file (TIFFTAG_SUBFILETYPE=FILETYPE_MASK)
- Added SUBDATASETS support
- Add the ability to create files with PHOTOMETRIC=PALETTE.
- Add the ability to update palette on existing files (#2421)
- Enforce PROFILE properly for Create (#1527)
- Add support for reading a CMYK TIFF. By default, it will be opened with the RGBA interface (CMKY->RGBA translation done by libtiff. Said to be *very* crude), unless 'GTIFF_RAW:' is specified before the filename. In that later case, the CMYK bands will be presented. Also add support for translating to a CMYK TIFF too : the source dataset must have CMYK bands. No colorspace translation is done
- Internal libtiff : refresh from upstream libtiff
- Added GTiffSplitBitmapBand to treat one row 1bit files as scanline blocks (#2622)
- Don't use GCS if it is less than 1 (#2183).
- Modified so that the RGBA interface is not used for YCbCr mode JPEG compressed data. Set JPEGCOLORMODE to RGB at the point a directory is read to avoid error report if doing it later during writing. This fixes the GDAL 1.5.0 issues with writing YCbCr JPEG compressed data (#2189).
- Fix memory leak in gt_wkt_srs.cpp
- Prevent crash in GTiff driver in case we cannot GDALOpen the newly create-copied file
- Fix buffer overflow when calling GTIFDirectoryInfo in GTIFGetOGISDefn (#2372)
- add special handling for 24bit data which gets byteswapped by libtiff (#2361)
- Replace hard-coded 3 byte increment by iPixelByteSkip in int24 gtiff decoding (#2361)
- Cleaunup frmt/gtiff directory by removing unused files. Move TIFF_WriteOverview to gt_overview.cpp. Create gt_overview.h to declare TIFF_WriteOverview and GTIFFBuildOverviewMetadata
- Add a ENDIANNESS creation option to GTiff driver for debug purpose mostly
- Fix writing of blocks on TIFF files in non-native endianness (#2398)
- Push extra bands of pixel interleaved data into block cache (#2435)
- Improve integration with PAM metadata loading and saving (#2448)
- Fix potential buffer overflow in GTIFAngleStringToDD (commited in upstream libgeotiff) - #2228
- Fix GTiffOddBitsBand::IWriteBlock with GDT_UInt16/32; Error properly with GDT_Float32; Support creating files with NBITS>8; Handle NBITS=1 IReadBlock/IWriteBlock in GTiffOddBitsBand; Prevent subtle IReadBlock/IWriteBlock round-tripping bug for NBITS<8 (#2360)
- Set the TIFFTAG_COMPRESSION compression before asking the default strip size, so that in the case of JPEG compression, the correct strip height is selected (either 8 or 16). Tested with libtiff-3.8.2 and internal libtiff
- Prevent crash on tiff_ovr_9 when JPEG-In-TIFF support is not built
- In GTiffDataset::Create(), set TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE=JPEGCOLORMODE_RGB when creating a TIFF with COMPRESS=JPEG and PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR; In Crystalize(), backup the value of TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE and set it again after writing the directory (#2645)
- Handle more gracefully the case where we open or create a TIFF file with a compression method not built in libtiff (use of TIFFIsCODECConfigured)
- Don't fail when TIFFTAG_JPEGCOLORMODE tag cannot be read
- IPP libjpeg compatability changes (#2606)
- ensure zip/jpeg quality is preserved in crystalize. (#2642)
- support handling nodata via pam/aux mechanisms (#2505)
- ensure TIFFFlush() is called in FlushCache?() (#2512)
- Replace Crystalize() by SetDirectory?() in GTiffDataset::IBuildOverviews() so that 2 consecutive ds.BuilOverviews?() calls work without needing to close and reopen the dataset in between
- Prevent crash when disk is full
- Add detection of big-endian bigtiffs when BIGTIFF_SUPPORT is *NOT* defined
- Add missing ScaleAtCenter? parameter for Hotine Oblique Mercator when writing the geotiff keys
- Added logic to pre-clear geotiff tags when updating a file (#2546)
- Add ExtraSample? tag in overviews too (#2572)
- Fix handling of non-degree angular units (#601)
- add support for projected NRL products (#2225)
- make a block consist of several scanlines for SDS case to speed up (#2208)
- Add H4ST prefix to names of HDF4SubdatasetType enumeration values. (#2296).
- Remove useless and dangerous redefinition of sincos in HDF-EOS (#2494)
- Added compatibility definitions for HDF 4.2 library (#2609)
- Fix minor memory leaks and one incorrect memory usage in HDF5
- implement support for 1.8+ hdf library versions (#2297)
- Avoid possible uninitialized variable usage in HFAWriteXFormStack()
- Fix BASEDATA count value (preceding pointer) at 1 (#2144)
- Incorporate generalization of EPT_f32 reduced precision handling (#1000)
- add missing creation options, fix doc to refer to COMPRESSED instead of COMPRESS (#2167)
- remove static buffer to improve thread-safety
- Read invalid blocks as nodata value if available. Create new files with all blocks marked invalid. Support writing to invalid blocks as long as there is already a pointer to valid data. (#2427)
- add support for writing 1, 2 and 4 bit data (#2436)
- Attempt to preserve PROJCS name in sMapInfo.proName, and to capture it as the PROJCS name when reading. This will hopefully preserve symbolic names like NAD_1983_StatePlane_Ohio_South_FIPS_3402_Feet instead of replacing them with something generic like "Lambert_Conformal_Conic" (#2422).
- avoid reducing array sizes if writing them in random order (#2427)
- Manually destroy bands in HFADataset destructor so that there is no chance
they will end up trying to write out cached information after the file has been closed. Loosely related to (#2524).
- error out gracefully and early on attempts to write to readonly file (#2524)
- open the dependent file(s) with same permissions as master (#2425)
- Fix crash in HFACompress::compressBlock when compressing random data with m_nDataTypeNumBits >= 16 (#2525)
- Fix reading of a non-initialized compressed HFA file (#2523)
- Add FORCETOPESTRING, and ensure ProjectionX applied to all bands (#2243)
- Fix HTTP driver when falling back to /tmp (#2363)
- Force min/max calculation on IWriteBlock
- remove conditional from CreateColorRamp?() call
- Fix #2444 (lat/long) and #2442 (uppercase file extension)
- Modified to use VSI*L API for reading and writing. Modify ReadBlock?() so that data written on newly created datasets can still be read back.
- Fix memory leaks in ILWIS driver
- Avoid writing an ILWIS file to disk when it is a src_dataset. Design of responsible class (IniFile?) is simplified, to prevent this from happening unintentionally.
- Spend extra effort to find the most compact GDAL data-type for storing the ILWIS data; Added missing ILWIS-system domains to the list; Initialized variables before they are used; Added comments to code.
- Solved unwanted rounding in the pixel size, that resulted in wrong map size calculation.
- Support splitting bitonal images into scanline blocks too (#1959)
- Fix compilation of INGR driver on big-endian target (#2613)
- fix earth model, already in meters, not kilometers! (#2321)
- ensure we adjust first tile offset depending on band (#2573)
- corrections to handle double byte attributes better (#1526)
- Add VSI*L reading and writing (vsil_target) (#2255)
- Remove KAKADU4 related ifdefs, we now assume at least KAKADU 4.2.
- disable JPIP - not working with modern Kakadu
- Added support for reading georeferencing from .tab files. Fixes #682.
- Add support for reading images in CMYK and YCbCrK color spaces (#2443)
- make sure bHasDoneJpegStartDecompress is set in Reset() (#2535)
- Added fill/flush support compatible with IPP libjpeg (#2606)
LCP (FARSITE) driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- Added support for NOAA-18(N) and METOP-2 datasets; tiny code refactoring.
- L1B : add auto guess of data format when it is 2 spaces or empty string
- The GAC GCPs are not tied to the center of pixel.
- Serious code rewriting in order to read datasets withour archive header
- Avoid failure when doing mem_driver->Create('MEM:::')
- Use VSI Virtual File API in MRSID DSDK I/O routines. MrSID reading now
works through the VSI calls as any other GDAL driver.
- Added support for MrSID DSDK 7.x (#2410)
- Use int 32 types instead of long types for LTI_METADATA_DATATYPE_UINT32 and LTI_METADATA_DATATYPE_SINT32 metadata (#2629)
- Fixes and improvements to enable compilation with GCC 4.x (Ticket #2168).
- Support NDF2 files in other than the current directory (#2274)
- Added somewhat improved coordinate system support (#2623)
- Handle very large attributes properly (#2196)
- NETCDF plugin name doesn't correspond to the loader entry name causes an error in AutoLoadDrivers? (#2464)
- Fix allocation of panBandZLev (#2582)
- Fix accidentally too large memory allocation (#2591)
- Do not report char variables as subdataset (#2599)
- Add support for RPB and IMD files
- Handle NITF JPEG-compressed image with data mask subheader (IC=M3) multi-blocks (#2364)
- Implement SetProjection? for NITF (#2095)
- Added support for decoding 12 bit images (#2532)
- Added support for writing TEXT segments in CreateCopy?()
- Added support for writing arbitrary user defined TREs
- Fix #2249 : shift when writing NITF color table with nColors < 256
- Prevent crash with LUT entry count > 256
- Disable unnecessary VSIFFlush() calls that slowdown writing on some systems
- Apply untested RPC00A remapping (#2040)
- Fix #2135 by narrowing workaround test made for #1750
- Prevent crash on NITF file without image segment (#2362)
- Additionnal fix for handling 1-bit uncompressed NITF images with NITF_IC=NM (#1854)
- Set IREP=RGB implicitely when the first 3 channels of an image are R,G,B (#2343)
- Allocate one extra byte for the NULL terminating character when reading TEXT data in NITF file (#2366)
- Fix 'adding BLOCKA TRE precludes writing IGEOLO' (#2475)
- Add GDAL_DMD_CREATIONOPTIONLIST for NITF
- Prevent crash when using a bad value for TRE creation option
- Fallback to pam info for nodata (#2596)
- Add overview support
- Added support for CSF version 1. Updated nodata values to be equal to gdal's internal ones.
- Add support for # style comments (#2176)
- Improve PDS dataset identification & fixes image segment offset (#2397)
- Add LSB_SIGNED_INTEGER
- Many memory leak fixes & cleanups, add an extra parameter '%name=my_name' for handling several rasters in the same table, add support for reading&writing geotransform
- Fix potential buffer overflow in case of bad PNM file
- Fix logical tests in PNM Identify (bug #2190)
- manage RawRasterBand? NODATA values at PAM level
- RawRasterBand? : add extra parameter bOwnsFP to enable the RawRasterBand? to take ownership of the fpRaw so as to close it properly in its destructor
- Fix crash in rawdataset.cpp with pixeloffset=0 (#2576)
- Do not forget to swap block size/offset table on big-endian archs. (#2169)
- Added support for reading and writing extended header..
- RMF driver can crash / corrupt stack when importing projection from Panorama (#2277)
- Fixed error checking code returned by color table read function.
- Added support fo reading big endian variant of the RSW files.
- Enable external overview building on RPFTOC subdatasets
- Use new proxy API instead of RPFTOCGDALDatasetCache
- Initialize PAM for RPFTocDataset
- Implement GetFileList?() for RPFTOCDataset and RPFTOCSubDataset
- Added projection reading
- Updates to RADARSAT-2 driver to account for tiled GeoTIFF images.
- Capture all files for GetFileList?().
- Support selecting directory as well as product.xml to open the dataset.
- Various other enhancements
- Prevent infinite recursion in SDTSRasterReader::GetBlock? when CEL0 file is truncated
- SDTS DEM : Read metadata in the IDEN file
- Implemented SGI write support (always RLE)
- Fix SGI driver that misidentified SRTMHGT files as SGI files (#2289)
- Fix overflow in implicit constant conversion (#2119)
- New for 1.6.0
- Added support to extract GCPs from XML metadata for TerraSAR-X SSC products.
- Provide an error message if the sceneInfo tag cannot be found in the TerraSAR-X image metadata.
- Fix lat/lon inversion (whoops, #2565); expose additional metadata items
- mark NTS and INTERNALNAME as legal options
- make parser more permissive (#2348)
- add missing ZRESOLUTION creation option in GDAL_DMD_CREATIONOPTIONLIST
- USGSDEM: add precisions to creation options documentation; check that source dataset dimensions are at least 2x2 for CreateCopy?()
- USGSDEM: fix USGSDEMDecToPackedDMS when input is very close to an integer degree value
- Use VSIF Large API in VRTDataset::Open to fix #1070
- recover from failure to create transformer (#2240)
- Added LUT based transformation support to the VRTComplexSource
- Extend the output of <SimpleSource?> in a forward and backword compatibly way, and make use of GDALProxyPoolDataset when possible
- Add the <ColorTableComponent?> element to <ComplexSource?> to do color table expansion in the VRT
- Fix failure when attempting to read a warped VRT made from a 3-band dataset with -dstalpha option (#2502)
- In VRTDerivedRasterBand::IRasterIO() don't call RasterIO() on sources with 0,0 for nPixelSpace and nLineSpace as most sources, except VRTSimpleSource, don't translate them.
- Allow empty category in VRT rasterband (#2562)
- Use nodata in VRTKernelFilteredSource::FilterData? (#1739)
- Fix VRT average resampling when resampling factor > 100% (#1725)
- Improvements to identify Band field name
- More fiddling with GetCoverage?() bounding boxes. Avoid half pixel bounding box shift south east. When using GridOffset/GridStep? values expand the bounding box out by 1% of a pixel to avoid "on edge" rounding issues.
- Strip namespaces off DescribeCoverage? response (early), and add a bug
workaround for GeoServer? WCS 1.1 responses.
- Correct wcs 1.1 band identification logic
- URL encode format and coverage name. Improve error recognision.
- GridOffset? should be top left corner of pixel center oriented bounds
- Add ClampRequests? setting (#2450)
- Fix WMS driver to make it work when ReadBlockFromFile?() must deal with blocks already in block-cache but that are not the band to fill (#2647)
- Add a <Timeout> option (#2646)
- Prevent crash when opening an XPM file with large file API
OGR 1.6.0 - Overview of Changes
- RFC 21: OGR SQL type cast and field name alias (#2171)
- Added support for outline color in OGRStyleLabel (#2480)
- Added support for symbol outline color in OGR Style Strings (#2509)
- Added geometry type merger
- Added SetEquirectangular?2()
- Added SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters?() to C API
- Add support to translate OGRPolygon to OGRMultiLineString
- Add a segmentize() method to OGRGeometry to modify the geometry such it has no segment longer then the given distance; add a -segmentize option to ogr2ogr
- Many performance fixes in OGRGeometryFactory::organizePolygons (#1217, #2428, #2589)
- Changed OGRFeature::GetStyleString?() to return the value of the OGR_STYLE field if no style string have been specified.
- Ensure OpenShared? sharing is only with same thread (#2229)
- ogrfeaturestyle : OGRSTBrushAngle parameter should not be georeferenced.
- Strip whitespaces at the start and end of parsed pairs of style elements in OGRStyleTool::Parse(). As per #1413.
- Remove empty linestrings from multilinestring objects
- Allow 'POINT EMPTY' in WKT (bug #1628)
- Fix OGRGeometryCollection::getCoordinateDimension() (#2334)
- Make OGRLineString::importFromWkb and OGRPolygon::importFromWkb with EMPTY geometries
- Implement IsEmpty?() for all geometries without using GEOS (for speed purpose, and also because GEOS 2.2.3 is buggy with multipolygons with empty polygon inside); Make exportToWkt() export a valid WKT when multipoints/linestrings/polygons have an empty geometry inside
- Reintroduce OFTWideString and OFTWideStringList but mark them as deprecated (#2359).
- Fixed segmentation fault in swq_select_finish_summarize when SQL query issued on layer without any attributes like empty shapefile (Ticket #2358).
- Fix crash in OGRDataSource::ExecuteSQL with an empty SQL query (#2386)
- Make OGRLayer::FilterGeometry? more restrictive in the geometries it selects (#2454)
- OGRStyleVector class and related stuff has been removed (#2070).
- Fixed OGR SQL to properly escape single quotes in string literals (Ticket #2220).
- Prevent an OGR driver from being registered several times (#2544)
- Start on a dissolve utility based on ogr2ogr
- Add --version and --licence options for OGR CLI utilities
- RFC 20: Axes methods
- Upgrade to EPSG 6.17
- Added support for "International Map of the World Polyconic" and "Wagner I-VII" projections.
- Add EquidistantCylindricalSphere? and GaussLabordeReunion? (#2134)
- Fix exportToProj() translation for OSGB36 (#2160)
- ogr_srs_panorama.cpp : Fixed search in ellipsoid list
- ogr_srs_pci.cpp : List of ellipsoids updated
- Treat spherical mercator 1SP similarly to normal mercator 1sp (proj #9).
- Ensure Clear() clears the bNormInfoSet flag and use Clear() from the various import methods to wipe old state (#2533).
- add import/export for MITAB CoordSys?
- Added declarations for OSRImportFromMICoordSys()/OSRExportToMICoordSys(); make OSRImportFromPanorama()/OSRExportToPanorama() externally visible again.
- Ensure rectified_grid_angle gets stripped for HOM projections (#2575)
- ogr_srs_esri.cpp: Correct test of iRGAChild (#2575).
- Recent EPSG releases seem to use PolarLongOrigin? instead of ProjCenterLong? for the Krovak projection parameters. Handle either (#2559).
- Test that input pointer is not NULL in OGRSpatialReference::importFromWkt().
- Make AVCE00 a distinct driver
- Update from AVCE00 master, includes the fixes for #2495 (GCC warnings)
- Detect compressed E00 input files and refuse to open them instead of crashing (#2513)
- Avoid scanning the whole E00 input file in AVCE00ReadOpenE00() if the file does not start with an EXP line (#1989)
- Fix crash when trying to write features with empty geometries
- Add support for Unix End-Of-Line characters on Windows
- Allow to define field width via .csvt text file (bug #2142)
- Handle more gracefully CSV files with an empty column title (#2538)
- add some experimental linkage testing
- add using namespace libdap for version 3.8.2 (#2404)
Geoconcept Export driver:
- New for 1.6.0
- Fixed GeoJSON driver crash when writing features with null geometry (#2212)
- GeoJSON: enabled read/write of 25D geometry types.
- Improved GeoJSON driver to gracefully handle JSON strings that do not encode GeoJSON content.
- Support GeoJSON 1.0 Spec CRS 'link' and 'name' members. (#2665)
- XML Datetime can be expressed without explicit timezone mention
- <extensions> is valid inside <rtept> and <trkpt> too
- Add support for GPX 1.0 reading
- Handle degenerate and NULL geometries in creation mode
- Remove noisy CPL_DEBUG message when GPX driver built without Expat and when the input file doesn't look like GPX (#2394)
- Prevent GPX and KML drivers to read too much of a non GPX/KML file (#2395)
- Support reading GML 3 posList geometry (#2311)
- Add logic to potentially track geometry type (mostly for NAS just now)
- Fix #2141 : GML driver recognizes improperly strings as integers
- Do geometry element name test (IsGeometryElement?) case sensitive to avoid false positives on property names, and such (#2215).
- Fix memory bug in OGRGMLLayer::GetNextFeature?() when using attribute filter (#2349)
GMT driver :
- Remove spaces from numeric field values before writing to avoid unnecessary quoting.
- Call Vect_close() in the OGR GRASS driver (#2537)
- New for 1.6.0
Interlis 1 driver:
- Support for SURFACE polygons spread over multiple OBJECTs Polygonize on demand. Generation of area layer
- Fix a crash (#2201)
- Fix memory leaks & apps/test_ogrsf correctness in OGRILI1 (#2203)
- Prevent crash in OGRILI1DataSource::Open with an empty string (#2335)
- Fixed column order detection for some Interlis 1 models (#2595)
Interlis 2 driver:
- Updated KML write driver to support KML v2.2.
- Added support for "SchemaData?" - typed KML fields that maintain feature data.
- Support of date types, written out as strings (#2264)
- Added automatic coordinate system transformation to WGS84 (the only CS that KML recognizes). (#2271)
- Report XML parsing error in KML driver in a similar way it's done in the GPX driver
- Speedup detection of KML documents
- Use VSI Large File API
- Corrected case on schemaUrl attribute and added the id attribute to the schema element. (#1897)
- Upgraded to current dev version of MITAB - includes a number of TAB StyleString? improvements
- Support font point outline color
- Fix memory leaks in MySQL driver
- Fix crash with very long WHERE clause in MySQL driver
- Use assignSpatialReference for read features
- Fix SRS cache in FetchSRS()
- MYSQL: Add backquotes around table and column names to enable the use of reserved keywords (#2315)
- Fix reporting of capabilities for OGRMySQLResultLayer
- return proper results for various writing capabilities (#2184)
- Update for new meridian and strategi products (#2600)
- Fixed memory leaks in OCI driver reported by Linda Thompson (#2120)
- Support for OCI + VRT to access non spatial data (#2202)
- Prevent from calling CPLError when SDO_GEOMETRY is missing (non spatial) (#2202)
- Added support for fields of type DATE and TIMESTAMP [WITH [LOCAL] TIME ZONE] as OFTDate and OFTDateTime.
- An extra space is needed for the decimal separator when retrieving the numeric fields (#2350)
- Improved OCI driver to query spatial extent of layer using SDO_GEOM_METADATA for better performance (Ticket #543).
- OCI: Filter out MDSYS.CS_SRS entries with NULL value of WKTEXT.
- add compound and stroked-arc read support
PG (Postgres/PostGIS) Driver:
- Add the ability to specify a list of tables to be treated as layers with the 'tables=' connection string option (#1699)
- Add SPATIAL_INDEX creation option to create GIST index. Turned ON by default (#959)
- Add support for listing and correctly fetching geometry type of inherited spatial tables (#2558)
- Fixes to Postgres binary cursor mode and improvement/fixes to data types handling (#2312)
- Implement efficient GetFeatureCount?, SetSpatialFilter? and GetExtent? for OGRPGResultLayer
- Apply spatial filter in OGRPGDataSource::ExecuteSQL()
- Make binary cursor work with non-PostGIS geometry column
- Fix memory leaks
- Fix write outside of allocated buffer in OGR PG driver (#2303)
- Use assignSpatialReference for read features
- Fix geometry filter when there is no PostGIS geometry column
- Fix getting the PK of a table with PostgreSQL <= 7.3; Fix CreateFeatureViaCopy? when geometry column is not PostGIS geometry
- Use the 'auth_srid' to avoid mismatches between OGR and PostGIS WKTs of EPSG codes (#2123)
- Fix reporting of capabilities and handling of spatial and attribute filters by OGRPGResultLayer
- Add PG_USE_POSTGIS to be able to disable PostGIS for debug purpose
- Re-enable PQsetClientEncoding but set it to UNICODE now that the driver advertizes OLCStringsAsUTF8
- Replace use of risky sprintf by CPLString to avoid potential buffer overflows
- In non PostGIS mode, skip tables of schema 'information_schema'
- Allow VACUUM through ExecuteSQL() without a transaction (#2619).
- Versioned editing/write support for SDE.
- Added support for geometry_columns, and WKB support
- Added preliminary FGF to geometry support
- Added spatial_ref_sys support
- Added preliminary support for spatialite geometries
- Cleanup to remove unused old classification code for multipolygons (#2174)
- Fix error class in VSI_SHP_Error (#2177)
- Fix crash with polygon with nParts == 0
- Change SHAPE driver to return a NULL geometry instead of an empty OGRMultiPoint, OGRMultiLineString and OGRMultiPolygon (bug #2217)
- Fix crashes on corrupted geometries (#2218)
- Fix crash when dealing with unhandled field types in shape driver, in DEBUG mode (#2309)
- Add case for wkbMultiLineString and 25D in OGRShapeLayer::CreateFeature?
- Make SHPWriteOGRObject write a SHPT_NULL object for empty geometries and handle correctly multigeometries with empty geometries inside
- Make sure field type set to OFTDate when OFTDataTime requested (#2474)
- Implement OGRShapeDataSource::DeleteLayer?() (#2561)
- Ensure SOUNDG in multipoint form is MultiPoint?25D not 2D.
- Print out contents of OGR_S57_OPTIONS evvironment variable if set (for debug
- Correct control for applying updates, now done in Ingest method.
- carry style string through VRT layer
- Pass the envelope of the geometry as the spatial filter in the sub-query (#2214)
- Add "shared" attribute on SrcDataSource? to control sharing. Default to OFF for SrcLayer? layers, and ON for SrcSQL layers. This endevours to avoid conflicts of layer state. (#2229)
- New for 1.6.0
SWIG Language Bindings
SWIG General :
- Added GetHistogram?
- Added SetLinearUnitsAndUpdateParameters?
- Added GetSubDatasets? method on Dataset
- Added SetEquirectangular?2
- Cast returned value to OGRDriverShadow in GetDriver? method instead of OGRLayerShadow
- Make it possible to skip adding the inline C functions into the wrapper
- Fix SWIG ReadRaster?_internal and DSReadRaster_internal may crash (#2140)
- Modify GeneralCmdLineProcessor?() to recognise that a <= 0 return result is special and means NULL should be returned indicating a need to terminate the calling application.
- Added SetMetadataItem/GetMetadataItem?
- Added gdaltransformer wrapper for RFC 22
- implement the BuildFromEdges? function #2380
- Added ComputeProximity?
- Added GDALRegenerateOverviews
- Added GetFileList?
- Added GRA_Lanczos
- Added gdal.Polygonize()
- expose GDALDestroyDriverManager() to improve leak detection
- Added RasterizeLayer?() and SieveFilter?()
- If we receive an odd array type in BandWriteArray?(), cast the array to float64 which we do support (#2285).
SWIG C# related changes:
- Implement GDALProgressFunc callback for C# (fix for #2122)
- Fixed that passing null as the options parameter of Driver.CreateCopy? causes access violation (#2185).
- Added GDALCreateCopy sample application
- Support for signing the GDAL C# assemblies (#2186)
- Added raster specific tests
- Reworked the wrapper implementation
- Added the bandMap parameter to the C# Dataset.ReadRaster? and Dataset.WriteRaster? API.
- Added a C# sample to demonstrate the GDALDatasetRasterIO operations.
- Added Band.GetHistogram? to the C# bindings
- Sample application for Band.GetHistogram?.
- Added the GDALAdjustContrast sample to demonstrate the image correction at the C# side.
- Added Dataset.GetGCPs, Dataset.SetGCPs and GCPsToGeoTransform in the C# bindings (bugs #2426, #1986 and #1677
- Added support for using OGR.Layer in Gdal.Polygonize
- Changed the behaviour to use OSR.SpatialReference? and OSR.CoordinateTransformation? instead of defining the same classes in the OGR namespace
- Changed the scope from internal to public of the required functions
SWIG Python related changes:
- Fix layer getitem bug (#2187)
- add some sugar to ogr.DataSource?.DeleteLayer? to be able to take in either an index or a layer name. If you give it a name, it *will* loop through all of the layers on the datasource. This might be expensive depending on the driver.
- add date/time fetching support to the generic GetField? implementation... note this is not real 'datetime' support yet
- a typemap for taking in lists of GDAL objects #2458
- don't always return 0 for OGRErrs #2498
- Added GetDefaultHistogram?() with Python implementation
- support for mingw Windows builds
- Link with gdal_i.lib instead of gdal.lib when building with MSVC compiler. (#2578)
- Added a more verbose description to the error message if projection method test fails. Skip testing parameters of International Map of the World projection since it fails (a bug?).
- driver's create method's 2nd parameter, if given, is a listref
- Support Cygwin by adding -lstdc++ to LIBS if OS is cygwin
- Add GetDriver? method as an alias to _GetDriver for DataSource?. This fixes an unnoticed side-effect of rewrapping GetDriver? for root class OGR.
- force name to be a string for _GetLayerByName and make default for name 0
- fix Layer::Schema
- use perl hash also for fields in schema (the new API was not really implemented), add Schema method also for Feature
- croak in Geometry::create unless type, wkt, wkb, or gml given
- do not call UseExceptions? when booting OGR wrappers since it is only done once when booting GDAL (of which OGR is a part), do not include inline functions from cpl_exceptions.i into OGR wrappers
- add exception support as for OGR
- use geometry factory methods in Geometry::create; accept also only coordinate parameters (i.e. auto-add 0 if needed) in Point method for Point type
- Add wrappers for field types datetime and lists. Do not use the overloaded (field name) versions of the get/set functions.
- GetField? and SetField? methods, which check for goodness of the field (name, index) and support dates, times, datetimes, and lists. In Row and Tuple the field value may be a listref.
- Support HEXWKB in Geo::OGR::Geometry::create.
- As* methods for Geometry as aliases for ExportTo?; SpatialReference?->create constuctor
- made needed links from parameters to typemaps to make Get- and SetDefaultHistogram? methods work in Perl
- support for mingw Windows builds
- removed colortable from java bindings for now (#2231)