GDAL/OGR 1.4.4 - Overview of Changes
The GDAL 1.4.4 release is a stable release, and contains the following bug fixes.
- Ensure that public memdataset.h and rawdataset.h get installed on win32.
- generate dstvalidity mask properly for multiband (#1964)
- update from libtiff 3.9 beta branch.
- Added VC8 (manifest) support (#2011).
- We output things in "pixel as area" mode. Make sure right node_offset setting is used to reflect this (#1462).
- Backported fix in building configuration of JP2KAK for libtool support to branches/1.4 (Ticket #1460)
- Replaced Primary Key detection supported by PostgreSQL 8.1+ with bloated but more portable solution (Ticket #1889). Fix ported to branches/1.4.
- Reverting patch for #1704 from branches/1.4 as breaking C++ ABI in GDAL 1.4.3.
- fix up configure backtick quoting for MSYS (#1984)
- Backported fix for GML property truncation issue to the stable branch (Ticket #1844)
- Fix memory leak
- use CPL TLS functions for CPLSPrintf() buffers (#1979)
- exit if any submakes fail (#1994)
- Generate old gdal_wrap.c with swig11pl5 so we are sure to not accidentally generate with wrong version of swig screwing it up. (#1954)
- added testing for proj.4 scale precision issue (#1970)