|Version 2 (modified by warmerdam, 6 years ago)|
First GDAL Meeting
Date: Tuesday, Nov 20, 2007
Time: 1900 GMT is 1PM Central or 2PM Eastern ( world clock)
Place: #gdal on irc.freenode.net
- Release scheduling and process
- Do we want a more formalized process, ala MapServer?, with freezes and sequential betas, etc? RFC Freeze?
- Feature Freeze?
- Release Manager?
- Ticket referencing restriction for commits (ie post-commit hook that requires a ticket number in the commit comment) during beta period?
- Optimistic beta date
- Outstanding development
- Work that *must* make it into 1.5
- Work that it would be nice to have done in time for 1.5
- Bugs/features marked for 1.5 in Trac that can be deferred
- For 1.5, should we consider a documentation snapshot that can stay sync'd with the stable 1.5 branch once it is out?
- Do we need a doc similar to MapServer?'s migration doc to highlight significant and backward incompatible changes that 1.5 introduces?
- What have you committed for 1.5? Frank's a great human ChangeLog? generator, but it's a big task. Let's try and lessen its size.