The Fusion core, widgets, and MapGuide OS and MapServer support files are released under an MIT license. Here is the license text of our standard header:
/** * <DESCRIPTION> * * $Id: <FILENAME> <REV> <DATE/TIME> <COMMITER> $ * * Copyright (c) 2007, DM Solutions Group Inc. * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a * copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), * to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation * the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, * and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the * Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: * * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included * in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. * * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL * THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING * FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER * DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. */
Any files that do not include the above copyright and license can be assumed to be released under the above copyright and license.
Third Party Libraries
Fusion embeds a number of external libraries. They are:
- OpenLayers, from http://www.openlayers.org. Released under BSD and Modified BSD, see http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Licensing for details.
- Jx, from http://www.jxlib.org. Released under MIT. Jx also includes the Prototype and Scriptaculous libraries and Fusion uses those libraries directly:
- Prototype, from http://prototypejs.org. Released under MIT license, see http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/spinoffs/prototype/trunk/LICENSE?format=raw
- Scriptaculous, from http://script.aculo.us. Released under MIT license, see http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/License
- Excanvas, from http://excanvas.sourceforge.net/. Released under Apache License V2.0, see http://excanvas.sourceforge.net/COPYING
To run Fusion, you also need a separate mapping platform which are available and licensed separately.