|Version 5 (modified by stevedang, 4 years ago)|
FDO RFC 32 - GetSpatialContexts cleanup
This page contains a request for comments document (RFC) for the FDO Open Source project. More FDO RFCs can be found on the RFCs page.
|RFC Template Version||(1.0)|
|Submission Date||April 4, 2009|
|Last Modified||Steve Dang |
|RFC Status||draft (draft, proposed, frozen for vote, adopted, retracted, or rejected)|
|Implementation Status||pending (pending, under development, completed)|
|Assigned PSC guide(s)||Orest Halustchak|
|Voting History||(vote date)|
This RFC is to deprecate the Spatial Context active flag that is obsolete and no longer in use by:
- The FdoIGetSpatialContexts derived classes (to retrieve the spatial contexts in the feature source).
- The FdoISpatialContextReader derived classes (to retrieve the spatial context data).
- Make the GetSpatialContexts API consistently reliable across all providers.
- Clean up legacy code and make existing code more readable.
- Update the documentation on the following APIs (including C++/.NET), indicating they will be deprecated in the future:
FDO_API virtual const bool FdoIGetSpatialContexts::GetActiveOnly() = 0; FDO_API virtual void FdoIGetSpatialContexts::SetActiveOnly(const bool value) = 0; FDO_API virtual const bool FdoISpatialContextReader::IsActive() = 0;
- Clean up existing code where applicable to ease future deprecations of these APIs.
- Avoid using the APIs listed above as they will be deprecated in the future.
- The existing GetSpatialContexts API should work as before.
- Existing unit tests should all pass.